Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new TCP and was curious to if there are any secerts to getting this pin out easy. I have broke the weapon down twice and both times, the pin is very hard to get out and replace. I have watched videos on Youtube where people are removing with their finger nails and such with ease but I seem to be doing something wrong. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i use a small flat bladed screwdriver, and it's not too bad, there is no way you will get mine out with a fingernail. i used a piece of sandpaper to smooth out the transition to the retention groove on the pin, that makes it alittle easier but a tool is still needed.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
i use a small flat bladed screwdriver, and it's not too bad, there is no way you will get mine out with a fingernail.
Same with mine. I gently pry from the plastic side of the frame and not from the slide because the plastic on mine will bow out if I don't have the screwdriver in on top of it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
On mine I just use the tip of my pocket knife to start it. Putting it back was a major pain untill I (very slightly) rounded the edge on the end of the pin that goes in first. Now its only a small pain. Find what works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts