Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, so i got my tcp 738 i cleaned it up, polished up barrel, oiled it all up, feels great have not shot it yet at range.

my question is when i pull the slide back how much resistance should there be to pull slide back? my TCP has a medium pull i need a little force to pull it back. i thought it be nice and smooth and light pull back?

also the barrel, when i have the slide back the barrel jiggles a bit when i move gun is that normal?

thank you!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes that is normal. Mine does the same. I am told the slide pull gets a little easier after a few hundred rounds. I only have about 150 through mine so far, but I really like the gun.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i was little nervous and i notied the gun does not cycle my zombie hollow point rounds it jams but i think its because the round is to large for the hole to eject and its not just the used case!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mine is the same so I don't think you have an issue. Mine also had a tendency to jam with certain ammo and not others, but I noticed it was only with one magazine. There is a thread that shows how to tweak the 738 magazine - that might fix your problem feeding?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i will search it i was just nervous on barrel jiggling the way it does!! and the medium pull on slide

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Barrel jiggling is normal, but remember, hand cycling rounds is not the same a shooting them, especially if your recoil spring is new and stiff. Don't judge what it will do on the range in regards to ammo by hand cycling. My wife's TCP is stiff too, but it is getting easier as she shoots it more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barrel jiggling is normal, but remember, hand cycling rounds is not the same a shooting them, especially if your recoil spring is new and stiff. Don't judge what it will do on the range in regards to ammo by hand cycling. My wife's TCP is stiff too, but it is getting easier as she shoots it more.

ok thank you for the info this helps alot!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts