Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been carrying a NAA Guardian in .32ACP for several years. It is a good enough gun, but my eyes are a wanderin'. :p

Anyway, I notice that the TCP 732 is listed at a mag capacity of only 6 rounds while its KelTec P32 competition is listed at holding 7 in the magazine. Moving on to the .380 brethren of the prior listed pistols, the TCP 738 and the KelTec 3AT both hold 6 rounds in their magazines.

This makes me wonder if the Taurus 732 magazine really holds 6 rounds or 7 rounds like the KelTec P32? Anyone, anyone? ;D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. The 732 appears to be on the endangered list. The 2012 full line catalog at the Taurus website doesn't show the 732 either.

I was just wondering if 7 can actually squeeze in the 732 mag with a little push room when the pistol's slide is on top and closed. Some guns can do that and others can't. My old Beretta 92FS could have a 16th round added to the 15 round mag with extra push room left over, and it would function perfectly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought one for my gf it can only hold 6rounds in the mag, i have one of the mags that is pretty worked in and it will fit 7 but it will not feed in the gun and the top round gets stuck on the lip of the second round trying to take them out. Im betting with a little use and slight modification to the spring you can fit 7 and have it function flawlessly. Hope this helps

·
32,573 Posts
It's 6 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber.

The trigger is totally different than the NAA Guardian one.It takes some practice and getting used to. There is nothing hard about it.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, draco. That sounds a bit too tight for 7 rounds.

How do you and your girlfriend like firing the 732? From my experience with .380 ACP pocket guns and my .32 ACP Guardian, I'm thinking the TCP 732 is friendlier to shoot than either of them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the reply, draco. That sounds a bit too tight for 7 rounds.

How do you and your girlfriend like firing the 732? From my experience with .380 ACP pocket guns and my .32 ACP Guardian, I'm thinking the TCP 732 is friendlier to shoot than either of them.
Its my gf daily carry and she loves it. Whenever we go to the range i enjoy throwing some lead with it, it is a bit small for my hands but it fits decently and has modest recoil. I have a NAA 22mag revolver and it has more felt recoil than the 723. with all things considered I am looking for a decent priced 723 0r 738 for backup carry.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's 6 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber.

The trigger is totally different than the NAA Guardian one.It takes some practice and getting used to. There is nothing hard about it.
I never saw this post last night! I wonder if it was held in cyberspace until I logged out. :confused: :D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its my gf daily carry and she loves it. Whenever we go to the range i enjoy throwing some lead with it, it is a bit small for my hands but it fits decently and has modest recoil. I have a NAA 22mag revolver and it has more felt recoil than the 723. with all things considered I am looking for a decent priced 723 0r 738 for backup carry.
I've fired the short barrel NAA .22 Mag on several occasions, too. Fun little revolver!

Right now and until the end of the month or if sold out, Gallery of Guns has a sale on the TCP732. Out the door pricing is running $210 to $230 which includes FFL, taxes, shipping, etc. It is tempting. :devil: :angel:

Hit instant quote and punch in your zip code to see if the price in your area comes down like it does by me. www.GalleryOfGuns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to ask this earlier. :)

Which one do you like better when it comes to shooting time, the Guardian or the 732?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Qwiks, what about accuracy and perceived recoil between the two? One is lighter yet the other is smaller, which one gets carried more if you pick a .32ACP for the day?

·
32,573 Posts
I've been carrying the 732 for over a month now, but in a PDA case by Bulldog. Accuracy is about what the NAA can put out as well.

The DAO style trigger on the NAA is a bit stiffer IMO.

Recoil is about the same, but not as much felt as with the NAA Guardian. The polymer body helps or seems to absorb some of the recoil.

I'm not giving the Guardian away any time soon though. I just like the 732 a bit better and shoot it a bit better is all.

The only downside of the 732 is the itty bitty sights on it. I'm also a old Kentucky windage experienced shooter.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
chichoarrones the 732B is one of the jewels in the Taurus lineup and it is a shame that it has been dropped. I much prefer it to the 738B and carry mine daily. I would say if you are thinking about it and can find one, buy it as you will ALWAYS be able to move it. My at least three spare magazines while you can as well as Taurus is pretty quick in dropping mags.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the input y'all. I did sucumb to the lure of the 732 and ordered the blued one today from Davidson's Gallery of Guns*. It will be $214.27 total out the door from my usual local pawn shop down the street. Since I have plenty of .32 ACP lying around I really couldn't resist the price of the gun.
:angel:

*I showed the link in post #10 for the Gallery of Guns special.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts