Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range again with the TCP. I shot about 5-6 mags of S&B and R-P ammo. this time the gun ran thru them w/o a single issue. I wish I would have given more time to the TCP that session but I usually go to the range on my lunch break and bring at least 3-4 guns. I spent the majority of the time (this time) zero-ing/plinking w/my 22 rifle and shot the TCP last, running out of time.

I also ordered a bulk pack of 32 (non S&B) that should get here today. I'll head back & ring her through again. I don't trust the TCP (for carry) just yet. We'll see what happens the next couple hundred rounds.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a new one and it ate thru the white box winchester without any problems at all. I went back a few days later and tried some cheaper TulAmmo and the first six rounds failed to feed. Put back in the whitebox ammo and again the TCP did what it was suppose to do. I also tried my carry ammo in it without any problems. I now use it as my back up firearm while working private security.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Redterror, Widener's has some PPU (Prvi Partizan) 71gr. FMJ for what I think is a good deal - $10.50/box of 50, cheaper if you buy a brick. I tried a box in my 732 and it ran without a hitch. It leaves a red residue on the bolt face but not an issue as far as I'm concerned. I always clean the pistol after a range trip regardless. I think it's more than suitable for practice ammo.
Anyway, glad to hear your pistol is coming around. Mine's been flawless so far, knock wood!

·
32,531 Posts
Take a look at Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com or AIM Surplus Home . That's where I've found past deals on .32 ACP.

I can trust my PT732. It has it's break in period of a bit over 200 rounds and I lost track of the number of regular rounds down range.

These pistols,like any other brand,make,or model of sub-compact pistol, is ammo sensitive. It took a bit of experimenting with other brands and types of ammo to find the accurate/reliable combo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for those links, Qwiks draw. I had not run across them before. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts