Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Taurus web site's "Repair Status" link really indicate where your gun is in the repair process or is it just there to quell our anxieties and does not really show where the gun is at any given time? Anyone have experience with it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Depending on the repair needed, it seems some people receive the gun back about the time the status is updated. I have no way to judge if it is totally accurate.

The reason is we have no direct contact to the company, and really they have none to us.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
I would also think it depends on work being done. My guess would be they are updating the link probably a day after the action is performed. Received on Monday, probably won’t show until Tuesday. If fixed and mailed on Friday, probably not updated until Monday, you could in theory have your gun back Monday. I would think real time updating could be expensive to incorporate into a repair system unless they had software to start that has it built in.

It sure would be nice to get real time updates sent to my e-mail. (Sorry I was Dreaming again)

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
When I returned my PT140 for magazine drop problem, they acknowledge receiving (2/28/12) in an email stating it would be approx. 4 weeks - probably a rote /standard response that could go either way. Three days later (3/2) I received a snail mail formal letter stating same. On 3/5 I received an email stating my PT140 would be delivered to home before 10 AM 3/6. It was and I was at the range on 3/7 shooting my now wonderful PT140. Granted it was a minor repair (magazine release cracked), but I was amazed and happy and may be lucky. Taurus CS gets nothing but praise from me at this point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts