Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

Monday evening (12/1/4) I ordered a revolver grip from Taurus on-line. They have 10 in stock. I received a confirming e-mail and the money came out of my account very quickly. Jump to Wednesday (12/3/14) afternoon. No e-mail with tracking number, so I called. They took about 20 minutes to find the order. NOTHING had been done. They apologized and told me order would go out and I would receive an e-mail with tracking number that evening. Thursday morning and nothing. I called again. Can't find order again. They called back an hour later to tell me order would be "picked" for shipping and go out in 48 hours. I would have it I 7-10 days after that.

WHISKEY TANGO HOTEL ???

So, I order and pay for a grip and get it 2 WEEKS later ???

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I have to admit that the initial run around you experienced is troublesome, but whenever I actually call in and order something their standard comment is that it will take 7-10 days for me to receive the product. Actually, it takes less than that! Of course, due to the overwhelming amount of packages being sent this time of year, it might actually take that much time. We hve parts that we've ordered for our business that usually take 1 -2 days and have now been 1 week - the UPS guy still hasn't shown up today!

Good luck - I hope you get your stuff soon! Regardless - hang in there! The Taurus folks do try harder!!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Keep in mind this is a very new service from Taurus but here may be a few growing pains in the first days.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Understand where you are coming from, but remember, they are not just down the block from you; things take time. I also agree, they should not have such difficulty in finding your order when you call.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Gun sales over the past week are setting a new record for volume. That's probably not the best time to launch a new online E Catalog because it may limit the amount of attention the Taurus Staff can give to working out the kinks in the system. Having said that I also really appreciate Anthony Acitelli making this E catalog a priority to get up and running. Taurus owners have been asking for this for a long time and now it's here. So, yeah it's a bite that it may take a few days to get your new grips, but hang in there you'll have them soon enough. Also, thanks for letting us know that you're using the new E catalog. I think most of us are wanting to know how it works. E Catalogs can be a bit difficult to set up and run. It takes a bit of real time operation to find the strengths and weaknesses of the system and tweak it into a smooth operation. Keep us posted!

Reactions: Sekol

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
There is a misconception that Holiday shipping volume slows down the system. This is completely false concerning the shippers themselves. Let me explain; The more packages that need to be shipped, the more trucks, trains, and planes will be full and on time. A half empty semi will often wait hours or even a day for arriving packages so the the trailer is full. It's all about freight consolidation. Any delay in shipping is generally caused by weather and/or a human playing "Candy Crush" instead of getting packages out the door.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Trust me...................................Taurus isn't Amazon Prime. LOL You're grip will show up ...................... eventually.

I ordered (web order) a couple of 8 rd. 740 mags earlier this week (12/2) - if I see the before them before end of next week (or even then) I'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm sorry, but I can't continue to make excuses for the CS and their slowness with shipping and lack of proper tracking their orders. They've been doing this a while now, they should have the kinks out. My original shirt order took at least two weeks to arrive, I don't think it's a priority for them at this point. The ladies' shirts weren't sized logically, so I sent it back on my dime for an exchange. CS couldn't find any record of the exchange when I called, twice, weeks after it was returned. Three months later a shirt mysteriously appeared and it was the way too big, but there was no way I was going through that process again. I'm done with it until they get their accounting up to snuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Friday afternoon Icall Taurus C/S to check on the order that I placed Monday; was supposed to be shipped Wednesday; Was supposed to be shipped Fiday...... After 20 minutes on hold, they finally find the order, AGAIN. Then I'm told that the order will be "picked" Monday and SHOULD be shipped Tuesday.... A week and a day after I ordered it. Oh yeah... the obligatory 7-10 days for shipping. So, IF it ships Tuesday, I should have the grip I ordered 15-18 days after I ordered it.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Well, Friday afternoon Icall Taurus C/S to check on the order that I placed Monday; was supposed to be shipped Wednesday; Was supposed to be shipped Fiday...... After 20 minutes on hold, they finally find the order, AGAIN. Then I'm told that the order will be "picked" Monday and SHOULD be shipped Tuesday.... A week and a day after I ordered it. Oh yeah... the obligatory 7-10 days for shipping. So, IF it ships Tuesday, I should have the grip I ordered 15-18 days after I ordered it.
That sucks. I hope you gave em a piece of your mind. The runaround is just plain wrong.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
If it makes you feel better I ordered a barrel for my S&W 22a from the S&W website two months ago and haven't seen it yet. I guess I should call...huh?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny thing is, they're VERY efficient at taking money. They had the $ out of my checking account within 20 minutes of placing the order. It's Tuesday and I STILL haven't seen a tracking number. Guess they're still "picking" it.........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Call again today. Get a new C/S Rep. He has me on hold for 15 mins. Tried web order number; order number; part number; phone number; my name and zip code. No history of any order. doesn't exist. The rep was at a coomplete loss. He's never seen this happen before. He called everybody and every dept. Nada. THEN........ while I'm talking to him.... my web session times out and when I refresh.... There's a tracking number and it shows shipped !!! I guess the old "squeeky wheel" theorum works.......

Now... if it's only the right part........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts