Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I'd like to say how very proud I am to be a part of this community and to show off what I hope will be a great success - all inspired by my very first 1911 I ever owned - a Taurus PT1911AR.

I had wanted to own a 1911 for a number of years, but a combination of things always kept me from achieving ownership. One afternoon, while sitting at the computer, I had come across TexasGunTrader.com and what was to be my first of many 1911 pistols.

In a short period of time thereafter, I fell so in love with that gun, that it inspired me to take a leap into the unknown and start a business creating my unique touch on an already magnificent weapon. Here I am now, working hard to achieve that slice of American Pie, and I hope to share my dreams with the guys who helped get it all started - the members here on TaurusArmed.net.

I hope to contribute to this forum and look forward to getting to know all of the members!

If in the meantime you'd like to say hello back, feel free to visit us on our website and leave a comment on our blog, or visit our Facebook page at Facebook.com/EagleCustoms!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the #1 handgun forum!

As an active member here at TaurusArmed, I can attest to the fact that it’s great to have such a vast resource of Taurus information and personal experiences, literally, at the end of your fingertips.

Please read the forum guidelines in the new member's section and check out and the sticky topics at the beginning of each section for some very useful information; and feel free to jump right in and share your shooting experiences and knowledge with us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a proud owner of 3 Taurus 1911s myself - all railed versions. All of which are as accurate as any competitor and draw lots of attention. 2 feature the gold accessories and garner all kinds of comments in the forms of compliments to snide remarks about "pimping" or "Bar-B-Que." I thank and share them with admirers, and to the naysayers - I show them my targets and grouping. I have to say, more than one convert has happened after that :)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Howdy to Ya from North Central Ohio(The Buckeye State).

You'll fit in well here I reckon.

·
Super Moderator
37,032 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

I shoot my PT 1911 in our local USPSA sanctioned matches and could easily place consistently in the top third with it if I did my part :(. I have just a couple of mods with a single sided safety, extended slide stop and S & A magwell added. I was having some issues with inconsistent magazine release which required some judicious filing to the opening of the S & A magwell.

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN just jump right in. :)

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
EXCELLENT early (but not first) post! This gun forum appears to be the anti-dote to reprehensible places like GlockTalk or AR15.com. I found another site which I also cherish - XDTalk forum. Those people are really terrific too.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts