Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus View

3K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  GhostHorse 
#1 ·
My shop just took in a Taurus View and is offering to me. Everything as new and appears unfired. I know there aren't a ton of them out there with the clear side - should I jump on it ?

#22 ·
The amount of rounds fired Through The View had nothing to do with the longevity of the plastic Plexi side plate. The reason Taurus replaced the Plexi side plate with a metal side plate was because people insisted I'm taking off the clear plate and when they put it back on they over tightened the screws and broke the corners off of the Plexi plate.

Keep that in mind with your view if and when you take the side plates off and have to put them back on. There is no pressure on that side plate so snug is plenty don't over tighten them.

Don

#12 ·
It does, and it did. The grips were an extra set that came with a Total Ti in a weird color I bought years ago. I had to sand a bit (by hand) to make it fit over the curve, but it came out nice. With the fatter wood grip and Hornady Critical Defense loads, the recoil isn't too bad. I wouldn't want to shoot 200 rounds thru it in a sitting, but a couple of 25 round boxes is ok. The grips also keep it from shifting in a patrol style jacket pocket.

#17 ·
I draw the Line at something small enough to have fell out of a box of cracker jack, personally the M85UL sporting a pair of boot grips
Is My limit.
I'm sure this model would make a good collector piece(left unfired) Or something to fill a specific niche roll, but Its not $350 worth of cool.
My 2 cents.

#19 ·
Don't tell the last two guys that paid $450 each on GB and the guy that has one on there now for $600 - lol. I hear ya, is it "worth" $350, probably not, could I get $350+ back for it if I wanted - absolutely. Just a novelty as I mentioned but I like anything that is somewhat hard to find :)

#18 ·
The original grips that came with the View were, in my opinion, worthless. If I were to own one, I would definitely be upgrading the grips to something you could actually hold onto.

Sent from my Samsung 7 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
It's a shame that Taurus never offered a View chambered in .22LR/.22WMR, it could have competed with the NAA Mini Revolvers, and would have predated the Sidewinder by many years.

In fact... BRB, just thought of something I need to post in the Suggestion subforum.

#25 ·
I bought the NV because I wanted a small backup style pistol. NativeTexan posted in the 9mm revolver thread a a Keltec P11 overlaid on a model 85. I regularly carry a P11 so I knew the 85 was to big for what I wanted. My wife has a Keltec P32 and I can barely shoot that thing the grip is so thin. I read an article about the view and thought it fill my role perfectly. My NV's stock grips are worthless and I thought I made a big mistake but then I read here about cutting down and installing Uncle Mike's boot grips. This made it perfect for my uses. I have carried it everyday since then. That has been three years now.

#26 ·
The View is definitely interesting. I saw one of the actual Views on GB a day or two ago at $4something, and seriously considered it. At $350, I'd grab it!

Any profanity directed (outside this forum, of course) at the original grips are richly deserved. Even with pretty mild .38 special standard pressure, that gun hurt. More than any .44 Mag I've ever shot.

Here's what made my NV shootable. Still not a range gun, but shootable. I consider it a belly gun; good for very short range. Because if shooting doesn't do the trick, I want the attacker within arms length - I'll be so mad from shooting it...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.