Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these a decent gun, or junk? Any feed back would be appreciated , and range report if someone has shot it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Read the Link, and you will see Taurus makes the best Titanuim .38+P...!!! Nuff Said...<:))
The M85 Tops the S&W~It is now better, how do you like that Taurus Lovers...<:)) Read the Review....
Ya, just got to love them 38 Snubbies...<:))
M85
http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/taurus.pdf

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
for guys wanting to bob their hammers the hammer has nothing really to do with the light primer strikes the hammer spring does all that for you , and id like to see a med framed 45acp i remember back awhile they made a model in a larger framed revolver in 45acp?

·
Super Moderator
35,593 Posts
for guys wanting to bob their hammers the hammer has nothing really to do with the light primer strikes the hammer spring does all that for you ,
Note entirely. The hammer has mass. If you just cut off your hammer spur on your M85 (or any revolver), you can get light strikes. It ain't that you will, it's just that you COULD because the hammer loses mass/inertia when lighter. It could call for a slightly heavier main spring to regain reliability. So, I'd be cautious about lopping off your hammer spur. You can always buy a slightly heavier spring if it affects reliability, or just buy another hammer and forget it, LOL.

I like having the hammer spur on my 85UL and SA capability and it gives the retention strap on my UM's ankle holster something to retain with. Bobbed hammers are smoother to draw from a pocket, but I've not found my hammer spur to hang on anything. I tend to put my thumb on the hammer spur on the draw (old SA shooter) and perhaps that's the reason. Anyway, if you're going to carry in a pocket, a bobbed hammer is NOT a bad thing in a pure defensive revolver. I just like having SA capability and don't really wanna give it up.

As to the gun, I can highly recommend it. I don't have the titanium version, stainless and alloy, but it's a very accurate little revolver and +P capable. It's a mainstay in my carry battery. I have 6 or 7K out of the gun, not a lot for an 11 year old gun, but I have a lot of guns I can shoot on a given range trip. :D It has never failed to fire and is as accurate and tight as the day I bought it. Add to this, the out of the box DA trigger is as slick as any I've ever sampled and much slicker than your average Smith J frame and the price is more affordable, and, well, you have a winner! :D

The Titanium model is slightly lighter than my 17 ounce stainless, but also more expensive and I don't find 17 ounces too much in a pocket. But, if you want a really light gun, Titanium is about as light as it gets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts