Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thanks for the great site, Here the question my wife has a ultra lite nine 22 that i got for her for practice shooting ;while she loves the gun alot of shooting is hard on her finger either from cocking the hammer or pulling the trigger i got a new lower lb spring kit but when i took it apart i didnt take a pic of the hammer spring assembly [i know stupid] after putting the new spring on i realized it could be put in two ways I tried it and it cycles both ways it seems to make most sense to have the larger relief facing down to provide clearance for the trigger spring, if anyone knows the right way i would appreciate knowing; also if there are any other tips to slicken or make the action on the gun easier i would love to know, thanks for the help

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check out this pictorial guide. While you have it apart be sure to clean out all the nasty sticky factory packing grease and relube with good gun oil. Also make sure to test it for reliability with the lighter spring. The lighter spring can sometimes cause light hammer strikes.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/22219-taurus-revolver-disassembly-pictorial-guide.html
Hey guys thanks for the great site, Here the question my wife has a ultra lite nine 22 that i got for her for practice shooting ;while she loves the gun alot of shooting is hard on her finger either from cocking the hammer or pulling the trigger i got a new lower lb spring kit but when i took it apart i didnt take a pic of the hammer spring assembly [i know stupid] after putting the new spring on i realized it could be put in two ways I tried it and it cycles both ways it seems to make most sense to have the larger relief facing down to provide clearance for the trigger spring, if anyone knows the right way i would appreciate knowing; also if there are any other tips to slicken or make the action on the gun easier i would love to know, thanks for the help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out this pictorial guide. While you have it apart be sure to clean out all the nasty sticky factory packing grease and relube with good gun oil. Also make sure to test it for reliability with the lighter spring. The lighter spring can sometimes cause light hammer strikes.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/22219-taurus-revolver-disassembly-pictorial-guide.html
Thanks for the tips i did look at the disassembly, his is a little different than hers, my wifes is a 22lr the piece in question is part 41 I bellieve the larger hook faces the trigger spring just not sure.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Thanks for the tips i did look at the disassembly, his is a little different than hers, my wifes is a 22lr the piece in question is part 41 I bellieve the larger hook faces the trigger spring just not sure.
Can you post a photo of the spring, strut, and where it fits in your revolver?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sorry for the late reply its posted in the revolvers section my part is a little different than yours was in the disassambly guide great pictoral by the way anyhow if you could check that out i would appreciate it i think i have it in the correct way now. ps. the post is model 94ul 22

1 - 7 of 7 Posts