Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TAURUS TX-22

This pistol may have the best trigger that I have ever pulled. HOWEVER, I have not had much luck with the bullets feeding. Tried cleaning, and using different lubrications etc.

Does anybody have a fix or do I need to send it back to TAURUS?

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Have you switched up the brand of ammo you're using? I've shot 1,000 rounds out of mine using Winchester black box bulk without issue. Only ammo feed problem I had was shooting subsonic suppressed, didn't eject spent brass.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know if this is your problem or not, but it's worth a try. When loading the magazine, only push down far enough to get one cartridge in. If you push it down too far the cartridges sort of fall in and can get misaligned. If they are misaligned they won't feed correctly.

I have 700 rounds through my first TX22 without a single problem and 200 trouble free rounds through my second one.

Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
TAURUS TX-22

This pistol may have the best trigger that I have ever pulled. HOWEVER, I have not had much luck with the bullets feeding. Tried cleaning, and using different lubrications etc.

Does anybody have a fix or do I need to send it back to TAURUS?
My new (few weeks old) has been OK, did have a few Fail To Feed with estimated 300 rounds thru it. I don't have a fix other than a CHAT with TAURUS (I have had good luck with their customer service for a SPECTRUM (seems fixed now) and a Heritage revolver (cosmetic problem).

OFF THE SUBJECT -- Your name Craig Butelo is of interest. I doubt this could be, but COULD it be your parents are Gene and Betty Butelo???

They were friends of ours in CA (1962 to 1965 Time Frame when we lived in Downey, CA). We saw them some after that when we moved from CA in 1965 and returned on business trips back to CA. Also, had one phone call contact around year 2000 when they were in Las Vegas and we were in TN.

We are in our 80s (years) now and they were a bit older, so may be gone from this earth by now.

Their son, Craig, was about 10 years old when we new them in early 1960s. It would be amazing if same Craig, be in years (be near 70s by now).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts