Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going guys. I’m a proud owner of four Taurus handguns. That said, I purchased a TX22 a couple weeks ago. The slide lock isn’t doing its job after the last round. Any suggestions or fixes for this problem minus sending it back to Taurus and waiting 8 weeks for the service?

·
8,532 Posts
Welcome aboard Bootnik. Usually not locking back after last round is either an issue with the magazine or you are riding the slide stop lever while shooting. Might try shooting with your off hand to see if you are riding the lever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard Bootnik. Usually not locking back after last round is either an issue with the magazine or you are riding the slide stop lever while shooting. Might try shooting with your off hand to see if you are riding the lever.
I went to range today and made sure I was riding it. 4 mags, no lock.

·
8,532 Posts
Well crud.. It maybe time to send it to Taurus. Have you tried different ammo? Sometimes weak ammo will cause slide lock failures...it is rare but does happen.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had one mag that would randomly not lock back. After a couple of hundred rounds it stopped doing it. Have you tried pulling the slide back with an empty mag inserted, to see if the mag will engage? It could be the ammo as stated above, or maybe try disassembling and cleaning them?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had one mag that would randomly not lock back. After a couple of hundred rounds it stopped doing it. Have you tried pulling the slide back with an empty mag inserted, to see if the mag will engage? It could be the ammo as stated above, or maybe try disassembling and cleaning them?

I have cleaned after every use. I hope it’s not the ammo, I have 1200 rounds lol. So should I try new ammo? With an empty mag, it does lock back. I ordered an upgrade recoil spring for it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If it locks back with an empty magazine, your ammo is the likely culprit. Which type of Aquila are you shooting? If it is sub sonic (below 1080 FPS), that could defiantly be your problem. If the recoil spring that you ordered is stronger than the factory one, it will make matters worse if weak ammo is the problem. Try some other ammo before packing it up to send back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it locks back with an empty magazine, your ammo is the likely culprit. Which type of Aquila are you shooting? If it is sub sonic (below 1080 FPS), that could defiantly be your problem. If the recoil spring that you ordered is stronger than the factory one, it will make matters worse if weak ammo is the problem. Try some other ammo before packing it up to send back.
Thank you sir

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s the Super extra hollow 1280.

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
Well crud.. It maybe time to send it to Taurus. Have you tried different ammo? Sometimes weak ammo will cause slide lock failures...it is rare but does happen.
OK, someone que up the Music from Jeopardy now please!
sit down and relax it might be a while!
facepalm,.jpg

·
Registered
36,297 Posts
I have cleaned after every use. I hope it’s not the ammo, I have 1200 rounds lol. So should I try new ammo? With an empty mag, it does lock back. I ordered an upgrade recoil spring for it.
ahh yep!
ammo is the easy thing to try and see if thats a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you do send it back to Taurus, be prepared to wait 11 weeks for a return. Been there, done that with my TX22!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They just got to Taurus after 4 days. Will see how long it takes

·
Registered
156 Posts
I ran winchester white box and mine would not lock back randomly. After running some CCI through it i didn't have an issue. After the break in i went back to white box and no more issue. A combination of ammo and need for break in could be the issue (as always, your mileage may vary). If it doesn't get better i can help you out with getting rid of the ammo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts