Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about the TX 22 Pistol since it first became available. Retail is $349, been selling $289 for some time, also saw $259. Add in tax, background, etc.

I was not willing to pay the price as DON'T need another 22 Pistol anyway (even with the $50 Rebate, good for purchases thru Sept 30 from TAURUS).

The KEY Wording is, Not Need - Maybe Want. LOL

Very good reviews on this gun (U-Tube and Magazine Articles). Friend bought one and it's a shooter, I LIKE IT.

Somehow, last Friday, I ran onto SportsmanOutdoorSuperstore web site (Ohio based).

Price $219.99 (Black only) and FREE Shipping to my local FFL (Smoky Mtn Gun Ammo in Sevierville, TN). They charge $10 Fee and $10 background-= $20.

So, net will be $219.99 plus $20 = $239.99 - $50 = $189.99 -- MY WANT changed to a NEED, ordered it today.

·
Registered
925 Posts
And how much does the recieving FFL get for a fee ? $ 100 ? I would check out both ends as some LGSs will charge a lot because they did not get the firearm for you. Hopefully a good deal is in the making .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And how much does the recieving FFL get for a fee ? $ 100 ? I would check out both ends as some LGSs will charge a lot because they did not get the firearm for you. Hopefully a good deal is in the making .
As stated -- Smoky Mtn Gun and AMMO charges total of $20 for the transfer service (Fee is $10 and background is $10). Pay that when you pick up the gun from them.

BUDS locally (Sevierville, TN) is $25 total unless you buy online from BUDS in KY and have it shipped to BUDS in TN (then only $10)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just got a call from FFL Dealer (Smky Mtn Gun & Ammo) that my order arrived via Fed X on 09-27-19 at 9:10AM at the dealer. They have processed it and called me. I plan to pick it up soon. Break it down, clean and lube, become familiar with it, and probably shoot it Sunday AM.

Actually, I had word from Fed X it had been delivered and went by SMG&A. Folks at counter said wait for a call from them because they have to process the gun (log it in, etc.). Got MSG when I got home that they had called and it is ready. :)

So, ordered a week ago on on a Monday, been a week plus 4 days to receive.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
09-28-2019 1st Shoot of the new TX22 at friends range:

Tried 3 different AMMOs: Shot the Aquilla 1135 FPS first (think that is when I had the Fail to load or might have been with the AQ 1255 FPS); Then shot the Aquila 1255 FPS; Then the BLAZER 1200 FPS; Then the Remington Thunderbolt 1235 FPS.

I had one fail to feed with bullet lodged partly in barrel and the case at feed ramp. The bullet was knocked out of alignment with the case ( guess when slide closed on things). Other than that worked OK with all three AMMOS, accurate considering my shooting skills (ain't an expert). 04.jpg

The Gun -- Most have seen I imagine.
It comes with the adapter, but no Thread Protector for it.
02.jpg

Disassembly (field breakdown) is pretty easy, check U-Tube (one guy has removal of striker also.
03.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am messing up somehow -- looking back and see my reply ready to send and not see it on the thread, so hit reply.

Then see it was done before. SORRY.

So, I deleted 2nd one. (EDIT)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Besides the first shoot at Friend's Rang (previous reply), I had a nice Sunday AM at a TWRA Range. So far, I like the TX22 Pistol.

My Fun Sunday was 160 rounds: Thunderbolt, 1235 FPS, 15 Blazer, 1200FPS, and 15 Aquila,1255 FPS). I had one fail to feed and forget with what AMMO, think the Thunderbolt.

130 Rounds of the 160 was with the cheap Thunderbolt (been getting it for $14.30 500 rounds - that includes TN Tax).

My goal was to see accuracy between the TX22, GSG 1911, and GSG Firefly and to see how the 3 AMMOS would run. Overall, I am satisfied - accuracy between the guns is dependent on shooter (Unfortunately, My Wiggles and Trigger Pull affect results). I don't have a hard mount to set a pistol into to check accuracy.

I stood with hands against a post for 50 foot target. I also shot from kneeling with hands on a table at 50 foot. And, did some 21 and 30 foot free aim, and some Point / Sort of Quick Aim and Shoot.

I also ran 26 rounds of 380 thru the TAURUS Spectrum and 20 rounds of 9MM thru the TAURUS G2. These were more defense like practice, draw point / aim shoot a few rounds at a time.

The TX 22: Someone left a big target - I patched it and shot that first. I figured get an idea of what the gun with me could do with a big target (see splatter bursts). Not bad for an Old Rascal at 30 feet FREE Aim.
DSCN8085.jpg

Not to bore you with all the different targets, but here are a few. This to sort of test me with three different guns.
DSCN8086.jpg

I had messed around with rear sight adjustment (L to R) as thought more of my hits were left and sight was set full left. Anyway, I am not sure I helped things, but it is set a bit off full left. Then shot this group.
DSCN8090.jpg

And lastly, here are a couple more shoots. Shot from 30 feet (some aim and some more of a point and Shoot)
DSCN8092.jpg

Shot from 50 foot, kneeling and hand / gun supported. NOTE: Different AMMO Brands.
DSCN8095.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally Last Steps:

Registered it online at TAURUS for Warranty.

Also, I have the Rebate Request($50 Rebate from TAURUS) in an envelope ready to mail and will mail today.

It's a bit cumbersome procedure: Making copies of receipts; Peeling the UPC Label from the box and attaching it to the receipts I printed; Printing out a from to send along with the rest of the information. Then expect to wait weeks (My Spectrum Rebate a year ago, took I think 6 weeks to get).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the TX 22 to GA on a visit with our son to let him shoot it. Mainly, let him do the shooting as he does not get to go to a range often.

Gun did OK, did have one fail to feed with Thunderbolt. I think 60 rounds shot thru it using Thunderbolt AMMO and 15 using Aquilla 1130FPS.

Seems overall - have had 4 or so Fail to Feed of all the shooting with it (maybe 250 rounds).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This Virus Stay at Home Thing results in idle time to do needed chores (trim bushes, edge yard, etc.) and time to do things NOT NEEDED.

So, I painted TX22 Grip. I am not recommending painting as it requires some repainting (experienced on other guns I painted).

However, I like the look and it does give an excuse to mess with your guns.

36 Paint Taurus TX22.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts