Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taurus treated me right!

I have a newer model 65 that I have put thousands of rounds through and now the cylinder to barrel gap has pretty much disappeared. While I bought some shims, I was hoping for an oversize cylinder distance bushing, and if possible a side plate screw that locks the yoke in place; this model comes with an itty bitty spring that I amazingly have not lost, which is certainly not for lack of trying and a new center pin spring, which, although it still works, I had manged to crush at one time. Using live chat,I contacted customer support and told the CSR I was looking for some parts for my gun. He asked what parts I was looking for and then asked me to wait while he checked on the parts. When he returned, he said they had all the parts except side plate/ yoke screw assy. He also advised the replacement cylinder distance bushing oversize and would need to be fitted. I told him I had the tools and knew how to fit the part. He then confirmed my address and said the parts should reach me in 7 to 10 days. And that was that; no charge. With all the horror stories about Taurus customer service, I am happy to announce that I had a wonderful experience.

·
23,074 Posts
That's great to hear!

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have a newer model 65 that I have put thousands of rounds through and now the cylinder to barrel gap has pretty much disappeared. While I bought some shims, I was hoping for an oversize cylinder distance bushing, and if possible a side plate screw that locks the yoke in place; this model comes with an itty bitty spring that I amazingly have not lost, which is certainly not for lack of trying and a new center pin spring, which, although it still works, I had manged to crush at one time. Using live chat,I contacted customer support and told the CSR I was looking for some parts for my gun. He asked what parts I was looking for and then asked me to wait while he checked on the parts. When he returned, he said they had all the parts except side plate/ yoke screw assy. He also advised the replacement cylinder distance bushing oversize and would need to be fitted. I told him I had the tools and knew how to fit the part. He then confirmed my address and said the parts should reach me in 7 to 10 days. And that was that; no charge. With all the horror stories about Taurus customer service, I am happy to announce that I had a wonderful experience.
I'll believe it when you get the parts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, a little hiccup, I received the parts from Taurus and several are not what I requested. I contacted Taurus who were very apologetic, and this time I gave them the schematic number of the parts I wanted and the CS person again said they will be in the mail in 7-10 days..

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
To quote an un named source....Danm Skippy!!!! We'll be waiting on your post after you replace all your parts! Best of luck! :)

Reactions: ICUKev and FreeInAZ

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Outstanding. Always good to hear great news! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Well, a little hiccup, I received the parts from Taurus and several are not what I requested. I contacted Taurus who were very apologetic, and this time I gave them the schematic number of the parts I wanted and the CS person again said they will be in the mail in 7-10 days..
At least they sent you parts at all and will be sending more.

One of the harshest criticisms of Taurus CS I've heard is their insistence that all replacements/refitting/repairs be made by them regardless of how simple they may be, so the fact that they have agreed not once, but twice to send you the necessary replacement parts shows signs of improvement.

Reactions: Sekol and FreeInAZ

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
At least they sent you parts at all and will be sending more.

One of the harshest criticisms of Taurus CS I've heard is their insistence that all replacements/refitting/repairs be made by them regardless of how simple they may be, so the fact that they have agreed not once, but twice to send you the necessary replacement parts shows signs of improvement.
Could it be they are feeling the "sting" of their past poor treatment of customers and losing many, that they have finally understood that CS/Warranty service really do matter? I'd like to believe that, however past experience has made me very skeptical where Taurus is concerned. A 3rd world company doing business like one IMHO.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Could it be they are feeling the "sting" of their past poor treatment of customers and losing many, that they have finally understood that CS/Warranty service really do matter? I'd like to believe that, however past experience has made me very skeptical where Taurus is concerned. A 3rd world company doing business like one IMHO.
That or they simply have the leeway to run the company better now that Anthony Acitelli is hard at work running Remington into the ground.

Seriously, not to misplace blame or anything, but Anthony Acitelli's track record for making bad decisions speaks for itself. Colt, Taurus, and now Remington have all suffered significant dips in Customer Service and Quality Assurance during his terms as CEO of each company, and both Colt and now Taurus have quickly improved since he left both companies. Coincidence?

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Super Moderator
35,452 Posts
Excellent. I hope this is a new leaf. :D Keep this up and they'll have a Ruger reputation!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get the correct parts? I've been trying to get a yoke screw for my 65 for 6 months now. Always on back order, with no estimate as to when I may get it. When I first contacted Taurus, they sent me the tiny spring and plunger, with a regular side plate screw. So I get back with them. Then they sent me two regular side plate screws (even though I sent them a screen shot of the schematic showing the specific part I need (Item 47). So, I refined my screen shot of the schematic with details on it, and sent for it again. This time, I got a response that the yoke screws are on back order. I keep checking abouit once a month, but same story. I'm going to call them this week and get some answers. If they are still making the 65, 66, and other similar revolvers, they have got to have yoke screws somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Just a reminder, people, you might want to check the dates of these old threads before posting. The OP hasn't been active in TA.net for almost one year; I don't think he's going to answer your question. I'm not saying you can't resurrect old threads, just be aware of their age, and decide whether you would be better suited to continue them or open a new thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts