Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow on TFL was talking about a Taurus Tracker in .44 magnum that was in snubbie form. Didn't know they made them in that size.

What size barrel would that be...as Trackers have that deep underlug...anyone have a picture of one.

TB C45

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like that 44 mag. I would be willing to trade my 45 revolver for one of those. :eek:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Thats pretty nice..
Wonder if it would be hard to hold on to :devil:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great picture of the .44 snubbie, awsome revolver...got a left side profile pix?

Streetcruiser, you got round heels, you're a push over for a pretty revolver... :D

Didn't I recomend you hang onto that .45 Colt...you'll be sorrrrrrrry if you sell or trade it. :D

Just kidding, you do whatever you want. The .44 mag snubbie looks great too.

Why not own them both.

TB C45

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a guess, but I'd say around 28-30 oz? Taurus lists the 4" Tracker at 35oz & that's about what a 4" S&W mod. 19 weights. Frank

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd look at this gun as a heavy duty .44 Special that you can shoot mags in if you really have to. Frank

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
acerman, I really like that little blued job...looks great for a carry piece...if Wisconsin would only honor the 2nd Amendment and allow us to ccw.

I've removed the tag from your trigger guard area.

TB C45

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was just looking at those things myself. I prefer the 45 because it has enough oomph to take care of any bad guy and is also powerful enough for most wild animals. That's a concern for me because me n the missus are rv'ers and sometimes we camp at Wal Mart or a truck stop while traveling but we also might camp in the mountains or backwoods.

The 45 won't be enough for large bears though, so I have thought about a 44 and I like the snubbie for carry purposes. I don't plan to hunt grizzly but if one decides to hunt me I want to be prepared. Think the snubbie would do for that? It is still a 44 magnum after all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might get by with the new Raging Bull with 2 inch barrel in .454 Casull caliber...that way you could use .45 Colt or the super whopper .454 casull for the Grizzly...but hate to brace a grizzly with nothing less than a bazooka RPG.

Anyone got a picture yet of one?

TB C45

1 - 15 of 15 Posts