Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the Tracker and the judge share the same grip size? I have heard conflicting reports as to whether they do or don't as it were.
I've seen also a Judge public defender offered with a wood grip with factory logo is why i ask. Is the defender an all together different size grip? Or will all 3 of these share the same. Please advise. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check taurususa.com and their shop page. They have wooden judge grips that look great.

Yes I saw those! They are awesome. However I am not certain that they'll fit my tracker is all. If the grip size is the same on those as it is on my tracker I will order a set and give it a whirl.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Keep in mind that the Tracker 41 & 44 grip screw comes in from the bottom of the grip frame. The ones pictured above are the old style thru & thru screw mounting style.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
693 Posts
My judge and 22 tracker are one in the same, took grips I purchased from Thailand for the 3" Judge and put em on the tracker frame, fit was perfect ..........

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Full size Judge and Trackers have the same grip frame. PD and poly frames are different. If you see an ad for the Judge or the Tracker they won't fit the Public Defender or the PD poly.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
i wish the taurus store would just call them "judge grips", or "fits mxx, mxxxm mxxxx and 2.5 and 3" judge". "large revolver grips" can mean a lot of things.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll echo what some of the others have stated. The Tracker and regular Judge use the same grips. The Public Defender is a little different. I've seen people use the Hogue rubber grip for the tracker on the PD models and use a longer screw as the main difference is the length of the grip frame.

If you have a Tracker or regular judge check out this website Taurus & Rossi | SunCrafts.com - Part 9

Looks like the A712 grip is the last one in stock for th tracker. Its a round butt design bet would look great on a snub nose. I just bought the grips below it for my 44 Tracker.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
847 Posts
My judge and 22 tracker are one in the same, took grips I purchased from Thailand for the 3" Judge and put em on the tracker frame, fit was perfect ..........
Trouter2 you made my day. I ordered a set of those grips hoping they would fit my Tracker model 455.
By what you are saying I think they will fit just fine I hope.

He says Judge but also includes models 450 & 445 which are in the Tracker class. I was a bit worried.

Here is the Judge and Tracker models that use the same frame.

Tracker And Judge
Models 17, 44, 405, 415, 425, 4410, 445, 450, 4510, 455, 460, 606, 617, 627, 817, 970, 971, 990, 991, 992

1 - 11 of 11 Posts