Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here and considering a Taurus Tracker 992 .22LR/.22 Magnum in SS with a 4" barrel for my wife and kids to shoot; however I have the feeling that the trigger pull is going to be just as hard for them as other Taurus .22LR's we've tried. Does anyone has any experience with this?

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
I've got a 990 Tracker. The trigger pull has improver greatly since it was new. I did the several thousand rounds fired trigger job.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 992ss6 (6.5" bbl). My granddaughter is 13 and skinny as a rail but she loves to shoot it. She, like me, shoots single action almost all the time. Trigger pull may be a little heavy but it doesn't bother her in the least.

Tree Trunk Woody plant Long hair Plant

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
Good luck! I just left my LGS. He has 90 guns on order and dosen't expect to see them anytime soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Picked this one up new in Nashville last week, $509- + tax & BG, w/both cylinders.

Trigger is a breeze on this one DA and SA is about 3 lbs. Glad I happened up on it.
Wasn't even looking for one at the time, stopped to ck on some .22LR, and there
it was! I didn't waste any time grabbing it. Changing cylinders is quick and easy!

Check gunbroker.com, they are out there, you can always have one brought in from
another FFL to yours. That is cool that Steve51's Granddaughter shoots a 6.5" she looks
comfortable with it! Excellent guns! To me the 6.5" is the ticket, especially with the
magnums.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Picked this one up new in Nashville last week, $509- + tax & BG, w/both cylinders.

Trigger is a breeze on this one DA and SA is about 3 lbs. Glad I happened up on it.
Wasn't even looking for one at the time, stopped to ck on some .22LR, and there
it was! I didn't waste any time grabbing it. Changing cylinders is quick and easy!

Check gunbroker.com, they are out there, you can always have one brought in from
another FFL to yours. That is cool that Steve51's Granddaughter shoots a 6.5" she looks
comfortable with it! Excellent guns! To me the 6.5" is the ticket, especially with the
magnums.

Oh WOW!!! I can't seem to find one in matte finish with both cylinders UGH. All the Tracker's I've found are the Blue finish. Thank you for sharing...now I know they exist.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My 10-year-old grandson can't work the double-action trigger pull on my 992, but does just fine on SA. It's just that the knurling on the hammer eventually rubs his thumb raw and he has to quit. He has better success with my 617 on double action with .38 Special loads.
When he gets the Boo-Boo Thumb, we break out a Remington 522 Viper to burn off the rest of the box of ammo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.