Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday to try my new Tracker 992. As expected the .22 shot 2" high and 2" left. A few clicks of the sight adjustment will correct it. The .22 mag was right on. Yes, the gun is heavy but I didn't find it distracting from holding the gun on target. The trigger pull, although heavy, was smooth. Extracting the empties was no problem. It was an enjoyable gun to shoot and I look forward to many hours of "plinking". The hardest part of this gun was finding it. When I did find it the dealer was great to deal with and the gun was shipped ontime and received in great condition. Another note: Taurus covers the adjustable rear sight with a plastic shroud to prevent any damage. :)

·
32,612 Posts
Congrats on having such a fine gun! Excellent report!

That's the nice thing about heavy revolvers. Those just sit in the hand solid with little or no perceptible movement.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Can't speak to the wood ones, but I instantly repaced that squirmy ribber grip on my 970 with a great Hogue solid rubber one (#73000?) and have nothing but raves about the product.

·
32,612 Posts
Wood grips.
http://.gunaccessories.com/HogueWood/Taurus/index.asp

The 992 is on a MEDIUM Taurus frame.
Medium & Large Frame Square Butt
.38 Special and .357 Magnum

Models 17S, 22H, 30, 44, 65, 66, 80, 82, 83, 96, 217, 218, 431,
441, 607, 608, 665, 669, 689, 980 and 981
Gaucho (Single Action)

Hogue has wood grips and are probably one of the best places to get wood grips.
Taurus Small Frame Grips: grips4guns.com

Click on Revolver Grips and then Taurus. After that click on the Medium Frame tab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts