Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a tracker about a week ago.. the first one had a metal bur sticking out on it's finish.. so i took it back.. then i got this one i gave it the one over in the store.. finish is good.. cylinder lock up is very tight..

but one thing i did'nt check was the cylinder spin.. THESE WAS BOTH SUPPOSE TO BE NIB, NOT USED..

i got it home started looking it over in more detail i notice the cylinder spin was kind of gritty and had a slight catch so i added a bit of oil and spun it for about 5-10mins and it seemed to smooth out..

it was at this time i noticed spinning the cylinder pull out that the ejection/cylinder rod wobbles a little bit.
i put it back and slowly moved the cylinder by hand and notice it was indeed wobbling a bit.. so i looked closely at the gap between barrel and the cylnder.. it does seem to narrow slighly.

wtf should i do? this is the 2nd "NEW" one i've had and it's been 2 days since i got this one from the store i returned the first one to..

i could try to take it back i guess but i already checked this one out before i left the store i'll look like a jack ass saying.. oh well i found another problem, sending it to taurus means a lot of shipping on a gun i already overpaid for..

or should i just ignore this? i've never owned a revolver so how serious is this? please help!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just tell the store guy that you missed this bent ejector rod until you got it home, if he's an upfront business man he'll exchange it or have the warranty people fix it.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with it.

TB C45

1 - 2 of 2 Posts