Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the complaints about Taurus & am wondering who has one, shoots it regularly, & what is it like? Are they accurate? kind of pleasant to shoot? Are they reliable? Some of them must bee good or they would not sell. Thanks Frank

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't own a Taurus Tracker in .44 magnum, but have one in hard to find .45 Colt. (see picture)

If I didn't have a Colt Anaconda given to me some years ago in .44 magnum, I'd sure like to get the TT in .44 magnum, or maybe the Raging Bull in .44 magnum.

Recomend you get one.

Jim

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
I had a chance to shoot one a couple of years back. With full power 240gr ammo it was nice to shoot. Between the porting and the Ribber grips I had no issues with the recoil. I recall that there wasn't much muzzle flip, it just came back and since the grips fit my hand fairly well and are soft rubber I really liked it.

Unfortunately I don't currently have a 44 but it is high on the list of handguns I'd like to get. I am still undecided between a 44 Tracker and a M44 though.

Steelheart

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Steelheart said:
Unfortunately I don't currently have a 44 but it is high on the list of handguns I'd like to get. I am still undecided between a 44 Tracker and a M44 though.

Steelheart
I prefer the Tracker since it's a tad lighter than the M44 and I think the fit and finish on the Tracker is "tighter" and "cleaner" than the M44.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The problem is that I prefer the Safariland speedloaders which aren't made for the Tracker but are made for the M44. But I don't know if the M44 will fit my hands (N frames don't) and haven't found one at a show to try out.

Steelheart

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Tracker 44 magnum. It's a great concept and handles very well. It's not too hard a kicker either. Mine came new with a timing problem and is now back at Taurus being repaired under warranty. It's a cool gun...when it works. :-\

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like they are pretty good guns, but do occasionaly have timing problems. Thanks If anyone else has any experience whith the .44 Tracker I'd like to hear it. Frank

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had one in .45 Colt that was as accurate as any gun I ever owned. It had a 6 inch barrel, and I don't like long barrels, is the only reason I don't have it today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts