Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum. My only Taurus currently is a Model 85 Stainless 2" snub nosed in 38 SPL which I've had for more than 20 yrs. Never had a single problem. Shot it for first time in years a couple of weeks ago- perfect. Decided to make it my primary carry gun.

I am patiently awaiting receipt at Cabelas for a newTracker in 17hmr in blue finish, 6 1/2 in

Would appreciate information from owners of this model in 17 HMR- anything to read of your experiences while I wait for delivery

Much appreciated

Reactions: MilProGuy and ozzy

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you to N. Oklahoma and E. Texas! Hope you are getting done with the harsh winter and thanks for the unusual sunshine here in the Pacific NW!

Do you know any folks that own the Tracker 17 HMR? I've read as much as could find on the net googling around. Issue of ejection due to expanded casings has me a little concerned. I'm sort of locked in with the Tracker due to trading in a Beretta Cougar F 8000 and going home with a "merchandise card" for all but $20 of the cost of the new gun at Cabelas- could buy something else but decided to stay with the Tracker 17HMR- especially after watching shooting videos and studying the ballistics data.

Cabelas Gun Library also told me about this when I asked about known problems and they said to shoot only Hornady 17 HMR and that Taurus gave them that recommendation.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Welcome! From the HUGE, state of RI. I cannot help much you on the .17 Tracker. But I hear they are a great shooters. The only draw back for me is the little holes. If you are shooting paper at 50 yards you will need the Hubble space telescope to see them. If your shooting steel or varmints, you will be good to go.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a lot of relatives in RI and many great childhood memories of summer visits from NY.

I shoot most of my pistols way short of 25 yds much less 50. Much better with rifles and shotguns. My Taurus snubbie in my hands is more like 5-7 yds for decent grouping! Getting new glasses today and hope that helps!

As for the Tracker 17 HMR- when I get my hands on it I am hoping to improve my shooting to be more like I do with my Browning Buckmark in 22 LR- decent groups at 30 feet. That's why I'm getting the Taurus- liked the look (and price) way more than the Ruger single six "cowboy" gun

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right back at ya Oklahoma

Love your quotes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm guessing Penn, Illinois or Ohio

Same to you

I'm retired and going broke- but I never lose

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now there's a region I've been to!

Had a great time in Galveston and also San Antonio

Love the TX "gun climate" as well

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks you too Dave

Guessing you are in FL?

Love the boats down Ft. Lauderdale way and all the way up the coast to Daytona.

Beautiful state with strong firearm traditions

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Howdy from West By God Virginia....You will meet the most friendly people here. We are not known to be gun snobs..:D

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:​

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
24,597 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. To be painfully honest, I went through three of them before I gave up. Mine were stainless however.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts