Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this?

While perusing the Taurus® website earlier today I noticed several firearms models appear to have been dropped..........
• 425 41 Magnum
• 445UL 44 Special
• 617B2 357 Magnum (617SS2 still listed)
• 817B2 38 Special (817SS2still listed)
• 856 38 Special (856 specifications show up under 85SS2FS:
CLICK IT )

I'm sure glad I got my 425SS4CP when I did!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I did notice a change. My 851ssUL is one of my favorite pocket carrys. Mine has adjustable sights (windage only, though.) Looking at the website, the 851 shown has none, so I assume the usual cut groove sight.

Wonder when that happened? FWIW, they do give me a better sight picture than any grooved piece I've owned.

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts

·
33,639 Posts
If one picks up the magazine CARRY ON at local stores the catalog shows the same thing.

It's too bad things came to that. There seemed to be little in the way of the market interest which is too bad due to those are excellent models and cartridges that will get the job done.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to see the 617B2 go, that is what I was looking for when I bought the SST version since no one had the blue model in stock.
​That one surprised me the most; the 617 series is very popular & a good seller.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 685 and 85 models are for the most part a 605 that will only fire 38spl. so it makes sense to me to discontinue one if not both.
Typo? Do you mean 856?

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
After seeing the new catalog it appears they have totally dropped the 817 series 38 Special revolvers also.:mad:

·
33,639 Posts
After seeing the new catalog it appears that thay have totally dropped the 817 series 38 Special revolvers.:mad:
Same set of feeling here as well.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I could not see the new 450 SS snub anywhere on it??? What page is it on???

It's not on any page because Taurus® dropped it.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.