Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put a reflex red dot sight on my taurus TH9 and I can't seem to find a mounting plate for can anyone recommend where to look

·
Registered
322 Posts
You could try outerimpact.com, they make a mounting system that uses the rear sight dovetail- get the right dovetail key for your gun, get the right plate for your red dot, and you’re in business. The caveat is that since you’re not cutting into the slide, your red dot will sit just a bit higher than it would otherwise.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Taurus makes milled out slides for the TH9?

·
Registered
36,024 Posts

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
An experienced machinist worth his salt can mill a dove tail slot wide enough to mount one.

But unless he's a good friend be prepared for "sticker-shock" when you get the bill.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
An experienced machinist worth his salt can mill a dove tail slot wide enough to mount one.

But unless he's a good friend be prepared for "sticker-shock" when you get the bill.
Provided the removal of the excess material does not leave any "thin" spots, on the underside of the slide.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Lets see now , we've gone from Duct Tape to Machinist

HMMMM

I think I'll stay with the OLD and PROVEN
Don't under estimate the strength of todays modern Duct Tape!

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
That slide is not prepped for an RMR. It just has the dovetail for a standard rear sight.
That’s what the outerimpact kit is for. There’s a key that fits in the existing dovetail-fixed with a set screw- and the red dot plate screws to the key.

ETA: It’s a moot point for Outer Impact. They emailed me they don’t have the components to work with the TH9, at present. I know they aren't the only ones making such adapter kits, so the search continues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts