Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus launched in the Brazilian market the model T4 rifle, based on the renowned AR-15 family platform.
President Bolsonaro's recent intervention against the severe restriction on access to firearms in Brazil has brought good news. The 5.56 NATO caliber is now released for civilian use.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
That is good news for Brazil! Espero que ele sera vendido em os EU. Eu gostaria de ver Taurus fazer na pistol AR 556. Com Forca Brasil!!!

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
That is good news for Brazil! Espero que ele sera vendido em os EU. Eu gostaria de ver Taurus fazer na pistol AR 556. Com Forca Brasil!!!
yea likely for Brazil , but honestly jumping onto the AR American market is about like Opening a Wing restaurant a whole damn lot of competition and some pretty great Wing places already here to choose from.
maybe like 5-6 years back when they first had this idea but now???

Reactions: Tracker627

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
yea likely for Brazil , but honestly jumping onto the AR American market is about like Opening a Wing restaurant a whole damn lot of competition and some pretty great Wing places already here to choose from.
maybe like 5-6 years back when they first had this idea but now???
They're already making 'em for the home market. So, what's the problem with exporting a few? Every sale is a sale, right? Might not sell many in the US, but it won't cost 'em much to get it here since it's already being built.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
With their neighbor Maduro boosting his band of thugs to 4 million, there may be ulterior motives for Brazilians to arm themselves.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
They're already making 'em for the home market. So, what's the problem with exporting a few? Every sale is a sale, right? Might not sell many in the US, but it won't cost 'em much to get it here since it's already being built.
Yea but there are those nasty import regulations, and assuming that they MIGHT want to stock extra parts and stuff???
time will tell one way or the other.

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
They're your basic M4. They could be assembling American market ones in the US from generic parts just like everyone else does.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
They're your basic M4. They could be assembling American market ones in the US from generic parts just like everyone else does.
wasn't sure IF they were actually mil Spec assembly or not?
I would assume with Taurus past customer service that IF you used a non Taurus part then the warranty might be cancelled?--who knows?
the good thing is that anyone that purchase one shouldn't have any trouble getting magazines for it_--LOL.

·
Premium Member
11,073 Posts
Here in the US, Taurus might be more successful if they stuck with parts. A Bull's head lower, drop in trigger pack, some exotic looking furniture or uppers. I've built enough rifles to know that I'll never buy a complete rifle, but I'm always buying parts for the next project.

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
wasn't sure IF they were actually mil Spec assembly or not?
I would assume with Taurus past customer service that IF you used a non Taurus part then the warranty might be cancelled?--who knows?
the good thing is that anyone that purchase one shouldn't have any trouble getting magazines for it_--LOL.
I have a TH9c and a PT145 and have had no problem getting spare mags. if you are, try Mag Warehouse.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I agree...I would consider one.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
I have a TH9c and a PT145 and have had no problem getting spare mags. if you are, try Mag Warehouse.
Thanks buy I will NOT be needing any Taurus mags.
and CZ / Tanfoglio mags are easy peasy to find.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
Here in the US, Taurus might be more successful if they stuck with parts. A Bull's head lower, drop in trigger pack, some exotic looking furniture or uppers. I've built enough rifles to know that I'll never buy a complete rifle, but I'm always buying parts for the next project.
well my question ,and its only for knowledge as I will not be aquiring one.
BUT so are we saying that the gun is MIl spec , in other words all the holes, the pins, threads, etc are the same as American AR's?

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
I googled that and there are bunches of sites with similar names.

Do you have a link?

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/

For my TH9c, I order PT809c magazines. They seem to have them on sale at the moment for 50% off. I'm tempted, but I already have enough. :D

Reactions: RScottie

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
The only free people are armed people. Congrats Brazil.

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 17 of 17 Posts