Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. I'm new here and have never owned a gun. I've taken my concealed weapons course and am awaiting my permit. My question is:

When is the Spectrum going to be available to purchase? The date keeps changing....Does anyone have any info on a release date and where I can purchase one in the Palm Beach County, Florida area??

·
Super Moderator
40,588 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

Several are waiting patiently for the release of the Spectrum. Taurus has told us they will not release it until they are happy with all the testing on different ammos that they are doing.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
Last we heard from the Taurus marketing folks is that the Spectrum may be available by end of 2nd quarter....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Welcome from Kansas, enjoy! Many of us are waiting for information on the Taurus Spectrum as well. I was new to the handgun world a couple of years ago, and my first was the Taurus TCP, which is being replaced by the Spectrum (and roughly the same size). The TCP is not exactly the ideal range pistol, and takes some practice, but is a good concealed carry option. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
We have no idea, and Taurus has no credibility. Things rarely happen as they say they will.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join Ye Merrye Crewwe! :thumb: I concur with Taurus 10 - you should get something larger, take it to the range and shoot it often. If you are going to carry, take a defensive pistol course. You will benefit immeasuably from it and enhance you shooting and drawing from concealment skills. By your own admission, you have never owned a gun, so taking a Primary Defensive Pistol and an Advanced Defensive Pistol course is critical to your gaining the necessary confidence and comfort with your new pistol. I would start with a compact pistol, master it then move down to the subcompact pistols. You can conceal a compact pistol (I do all the time) just as easily as a subcompact. Also, find a pistol that fits your hand. You would be surprised how different pistols are from one another in the grip.

Reactions: Taurus10

·
Administrator
40,114 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
36,843 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join Ye Merrye Crewwe! :thumb: I concur with Taurus 10 - you should get something larger, take it to the range and shoot it often. If you are going to carry, take a defensive pistol course. You will benefit immeasuably from it and enhance you shooting and drawing from concealment skills. By your own admission, you have never owned a gun, so taking a Primary Defensive Pistol and an Advanced Defensive Pistol course is critical to your gaining the necessary confidence and comfort with your new pistol. I would start with a compact pistol, master it then move down to the subcompact pistols. You can conceal a compact pistol (I do all the time) just as easily as a subcompact. Also, find a pistol that fits your hand. You would be surprised how different pistols are from one another in the grip.
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I cannot improve on the above advice except to say to rent some compact and sub-compact pistols to try at the range. The shorter the barrel, the more difficult it is to shoot accurately due to the short sight radius (distance between the front and rear sight)...being off just a slight fraction on the shorter barrel puts that round much farther off your intended point of impact. The sub-compacts tend to have a snappier recoil and may be more difficult to get back on target.

Good luck in your search and let us in on the progress!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome from Williston!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
You may want to look at the lcp II if you don;t want to wait
I agree. If you're looking for a pocket pistol, the Ruger LCPII has received many good reviews and it's been around long enough to establish a reputation for reliability. If you need a pretty pastel pistol, hold out for the Spectrum.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Southwest Florida!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts