Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
You beat me to it, there is a $10 FFL fee and with taxes mine shipped for $149.09 total, plus $20 for the transfer, so about $170 total.

Reactions: twolfe55

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good buy if anyone looking for a pocket pistol. I held one at me LGS and liked it but I have big hands and the grip of the gun just was not comfortable at least for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You beat me to it, there is a $10 FFL fee and with taxes mine shipped for $149.09 total, plus $20 for the transfer, so about $170 total.
I bought one. I used coupon code "NBM" for $10 off an order of $99 or more (eliminates Brownell's $10 FFL Handling Fee). I also got free shipping. So...I paid $129.99 shipped + $15.00 for my FFL transfer, so I'm all in at $145. :D

Can't find one that cheap anywhere else!

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
24 Posts
After my experience I’m suspicious Brownells may be getting rid of this batch for a reason. The wait time for warranty repairs is about 12 weeks now. Still at that price the temptation may be irresistible.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can use it as a parts gun at that price!

Reactions: slong115

·
8,900 Posts
I ordered one as well. My cost was $135 + the 4473 fee will be $20, so I guess I paid a little bit much at $155.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Currently "Out of Stock" on Brownell's website. Didn't last long...glad I picked one up!

·
Registered
161 Posts
and now they want 269.? not gonna happen, they sold for 129.00? no one will by for any more than 149.00 , Its Just Not worth it, I have one. Blk/Gray paid 199.00 would not pay any more than that, and it was out a few months back then , still want to see a CPX3,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received a FedEx tracking number on my gun. Should have my new "Torch" this Thursday (even while my original Spectrum sits at Taurus waiting to be fixed for the light primer strike issue). It will be interesting to see if this Spectrum has the same issues as my first one.

·
8,900 Posts
Picked my Torchy today. First impressions - it feels more substantial than I expected, the ergo's are better than the TCP IMHO. I polished the feed ramp and cleaned out the striker channel. Cleaned and lubed the pistol. It was dark so I only ran 3 mags through it. Fiocchi,Remington UMC, and Starfire JHP. All ran ok, I may be short stroking the trigger or getting light primer strikes, not sure, had to double strike a few times. I will test this later in the day time. But so far I am a liking this little flame thrower( at night it releases an impressive fireball ).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked mine up yesterday. Looks good. Planning on taking it to the range next week. I will report back on any issues I may have...

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday. Looks good. Planning on taking it to the range next week. I will report back on any issues I may have...
Any reports yet? I'll check for a new thread as well.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Picked mine up today. thumbnail.jpeg

Reactions: slong115

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I am waiting for my 2 new G 2 C's to come back from Taurus. I ask the owner of the LGS what he would give for the guns. He said he would not touch them as they were really a cheap guns. He said he had to pay $224.00 for guns from Taurus. So I will be selling them my self I guess. He thinks that guns you by like from Academy were not up to his standards. I just think he pays more because he does not order the quantity that the big stores buy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
OK. This is what I got on Saturday for my torch. Did not have a lot of ammo handy, to include my reloads. Good and bad, more so. 20 Remington JHP all good(very first bullet did not go off???), hornady XTP 18 all good, 20 winchester JHP all good. Lots second trigger pulls on Fiochi JHP and my relods with fiocchi primers. I will try some more winchester FMJ factory next time. I will order some winchester and remington primers to check with reloads. My black Spectrum works fine with all this factory loads. Pics of the brass attached. Button to top hornady, remington, winchester and fiochi. One is factory fiochi light strike went of on the second strike.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts