Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus service victim

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  PNWPewPew 
#1 ·
The casings stick in the long rifle cylinder on my 992 Tracker. So I called Taurus. It took about an hour to talk to someone. After I get it back I may post more if I am still alive.

#4 ·
I'm moving this to Taurus Product Problems that others can comment if they have had the same issue. Let us know when they get it cleaned/honed and back to you.

#5 ·
The cylinder was cleaned before shooting. No, I did not try polishing the chambers. To give you an example of my skills, all I did in high school wood shop was make shavings. So I do not attempt to fit anything. If I tried to polish the chambers, I would probably be able to use 45 colts when finished. I also tried several brands with no difference.

#6 ·
.22 is seriously dirty stuff. You could always get a fine hone that allows you to remove very minimal amount of material. It really is as easy as making shavings :)

Not faulting you for sending it in at all, however, in the future if you have a revolver that doesn't have a warranty or don't have the time to send it in, look up some videos, it's quite simple.

Good luck!

#10 ·
I am thinking this will be a fast turnaround unless they determine that it needs a new cylinder. Even then, those guns are made right there.

#15 ·
Has been a dead link for weeks now - no worky. LOL

Reactions: Taurus1965
#13 ·
I have a recording of the theme song to Jeopardy that I put on and listen to!--------:D
Its the LONG play edition!

Reactions: slong115
#16 ·
I had that problem with a Rough Rider I bought in the 90s. Took the cylinder out and used a rasp on it. Push it in the hole, twist, remove. Run a 22 copper cleaning brush through, then drop in a 22 cartridge. Hold the cylinder up and turn it over. If the cartridge falls out, you're done. If not, repeat as necessary. I've still got the Rough Rider.

#17 ·
I wish that "chat window" was working :( Taurus has had my PT-911 for almost 10 weeks. The pistol is done.... It's been waiting for a few days to be shipped FedEx??? The last time I called (few weeks back) I had to wait for 45 mins until I could talk to someone!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.