Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Is the trigger pull heavy or rough? I would rather have a long heavy trigger pull on my carry gun. If you get in a situation that you need it, 8-10 lb. triggers would be no problem. However, a short light trigger scares the hell out of me. I never want to have a carry gun on myself to protect me and then end up shooting myself in the foot, leg or groin. OWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Kevinch said:
Not to be critical, but if you follow safe gun handling techniques - never put your finger on the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire - there should not be an issue with any ND. One of my carry guns is a 1911 from a major manufacturer's custom shop with a light, crisp trigger & I am comfortable with it.
I agree that the finger should stay away from the trigger until you are ready to shoot. But when you get in a defense situation, instinct takes over and sometimes "stuff" happens.

airwrench said:
I personally will not carry a gun that does not have a manual safety. My M&P .40 is a great gun but it will only see daylight at the range or matches. I bought the M&P .45
with the thumb safety so I could carry it if I chose to. I like the low profile safety on the 24/7 pros. I am considering getting a 24/7 compact to carry because of the manual safety.
I like the M&P compact but is does not have the thumb safety.
When I carry my 24/7 I do not use the safety. It is one more thing to have to do in a defense situation. You already have to draw, bring it up to target, and pull the trigger. I don't want to have to throw an extra step in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.