Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Taurus Firearms Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/73490887194/ ) a fellow posted this picture. Said to call them directly and they will ship it out for around $15!

I've spent literally hours looking at all the major holster companies I can think of, and there is no retention holster available that I like. Very few to choose from. I'd love to know why holster makers, even the ones that make holsters for SOME Taurus firearms, don't have much of any offerings for the PT-145. Based on personal observation, there must be a mass of them in circulation.

Anybody got any suggestions for other OWB retention holsters? I like the carrylok but alas none for the PT-145.

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a good looking holster, and a great deal for $15.00. :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
It is a Itac or atleast looks identical and I think Taurus had them made by Itac for them.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Yes, it definitely is an ITAC "clone".

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Yep! its made by ITAC, if you go to thier website they have all sorts of goodies listed (or at least they did), I got an Itac for my 24/7 -C's and my PT1911, actually i got a small poly clip on holster for my SIG 238 that came with the pistol, if you look on the back it to has ITAC on it, the front says Sig.

Attachments

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never heard of ITAC. Just found and checked their website.

iTAC DEFENSE Store

They are listing holsters for the 1911, 24/7, 92 and 800 series, but not the 145.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
24/7 compact and PT145 will fit the same. My 24/7 Pro C 40, PT111, and PT145 all fit the Theis Holster I have snugly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny, I got my wife a Cross Breed for her H&K USP 40 and she hated it. Said she bent over and the H&K almost fell out. So I tried the PT 145 in it and it fit quite well. Still, I have serious reservations about using a holster that isn't designated by it's manufacturer as for my firearm.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Would anyone happen to know if the Taurus holster sold by Taurus is the same one that CDNN sells for $16.99?

Taurus 24/7 Paddle Holster New

cdnn_2189_82499832.gif

Every week or so CDNN has some good online sales, sometimes including holsters.
You might want to sign up for their email only specials.
(I HAVE NO FINANCIAL INTEREST IN CDNN)

CDNN also has a Taurus 24/7 .40 mag pouch for $6.99

cdnn_2189_82406796-Magpouch.gif

Taurus 24/7 40s&w 2-Mag Pouch New

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If you are interested in the Blackhawk Serpa the 24/7 holster is the same for the PT-145. There is just more room at the bottom, The number for it is #410529BK-R for right handed. They $49.99 on the Blackhawk site but I bought mine at a LGS for $34.99.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I called Taurus International first thing this morning and asked to order one of the holsters. The CSA said "We don't sell any holsters". I asked him to contact me if he found out otherwise.

Oh well.......

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
On the Taurus Firearms Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/73490887194/ ) a fellow posted this picture. Said to call them directly and they will ship it out for around $15!

I've spent literally hours looking at all the major holster companies I can think of, and there is no retention holster available that I like. Very few to choose from. I'd love to know why holster makers, even the ones that make holsters for SOME Taurus firearms, don't have much of any offerings for the PT-145. Based on personal observation, there must be a mass of them in circulation.

Anybody got any suggestions for other OWB retention holsters? I like the carrylok but alas none for the PT-145.
If you're looking for any OWB retention holster, have you checked Uncle Mike's? Yes, they are nylon and some on the boards prefer leather, kydex, or paddle holsters, etc. but I have an Uncle Mike's nylon OWB with a thumb strap which I will wear if OWBing with either my PT140 or PT145 as they both fit the same holster. I also have a Fobus paddle but no retention mechanism and I've had my gun almost fall out of it when bending over to pick something up so don't wear it as much as I did when I first got it.

I also have a Blackhawk for OCing my PT1911 which has the retention mechanism you activate with your index finger. Its nice as it forces the index finger to index along the slide (as opposed to automatically moving subconsciously to the trigger) when you draw.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Would anyone happen to know if the Taurus holster sold by Taurus is the same one that CDNN sells for $16.99?
I can't say fro sure, but bet it is!
I think thats about what i paid for my ITAC for the 24/7 C, and the 1911 holster was even cheaper than that.
ITAC produces holsters for a lot of different manufactures/comapnies and even puts the other names on them, but usually you will find ITAC or simply "Made in Israel" on the back somewhere.
I actually like thier retention ssytem better than Blackhawks.
one thing about CDNN them boys are anxious to make a sale and will tell ya who makes tey holster if you call them, they have always bent over backward to help me.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
. I also have a Fobus paddle but no retention mechanism and I've had my gun almost fall out of it when bending over to pick something up so don't wear it as much as I did when I first got it.

I also have a Blackhawk for OCing my PT1911 which has the retention mechanism you activate with your index finger. Its nice as it forces the index finger to index along the slide (as opposed to automatically moving subconsciously to the trigger) when you draw.
Doesn't your Fobus have a tension adjustment on it?
all that i have and have seen can be tightened to the point that you litterly can not get the gun out of it.
ITAC also has a retention release button in the smae location as the Blackhawk but I find it easier to manipulate than the Balckhawk system.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
I called Taurus International first thing this morning and asked to order one of the holsters. The CSA said "We don't sell any holsters". I asked him to contact me if he found out otherwise.

Oh well.......
Go to the ITAC website, or E bay and they can help you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Got mine today and the fit is perfect, very similar setup to the Blackhawk Serpa and the button position is in the perfect spot. Now I just need a couple more mags and a mag holder and Im ready for comps!!

Got from here, but noticed they only have 2 left.
Taurus 24/7 Paddle Holster 6-0064 (725327607182) | eBay

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you're looking for any OWB retention holster, have you checked Uncle Mike's? Yes, they are nylon and some on the boards prefer leather, kydex, or paddle holsters, etc. but I have an Uncle Mike's nylon OWB with a thumb strap which I will wear if OWBing with either my PT140 or PT145 as they both fit the same holster. .
Might I ask, whats the uncle mikes number for that holster???? I use most all my IWB frm uncle mikes..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts