Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a response to another thread a few days back, I mentioned how I had been waiting on an extractor for my PT1911
since November, and being a bit disappointed that it's status had moved from "packed/awaiting shipping" to "Backordered".
Well, after two stress filled weeks of work, and non-stop running around due to a family emergency, I finally managed to
squeeze in a few hours to myself. Before leaving for work Thurs., I grabbed my range bag, a few boxes of .45's, and hit
the range as soon as I got out.

I was halfway through my last 50rnds, 3 shots into a fresh mag, and it happened... after over 1200rnds through it, my PT1911
finally had it's first FTF. Yup... you guessed it. Extractor broke. Not usually a big deal, but this is my EDC, and the spare I
usually keep on hand was given to a friend a while back. I called Taurus as soon as I got home to see if a miracle
might have happened, and the shipment I was waiting on came in. The CS rep I spoke with (I believe her name is
Emily...forgot to write it down) was awesome. She said that my status still "backordered" but that the computer
was showing that they had some in stock (Huh?!). Anyways, she said she would have one sent right out. This was
Thursday evening. Low and behold, I get home form work last night, expecting to spend some time looking for
an extractor I can have priority mailed to me at a reasonable price, when I see a padded envelope sitting there.
Yup! A new extractor from Taurus! It's the wrong finish, but at least my PT1911 is back on duty, with just a 48hr
down time!

Thank You, Taurus!

....now, if I can only manage to squeeze in a few more hours of "Me" time this week, I'll be set! :D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
nice to hear all is good rich. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Very glad to hear!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Aren't those Taurus CS folks helpful? Glad you were able to experience it-it kinda' softens the aggravation!;)

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't down too long. Go ahead and call CS, give them a big thank you, and mention it is the wrong finish and see if they can send you the right one when it comes in. That way you would have a spare. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think for safety's sake, you need to get out and test fire that new extracor. It's your EDC and you need to double check functionality.

·
Super Moderator
37,220 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't down too long. Go ahead and call CS, give them a big thank you, and mention it is the wrong finish and see if they can send you the right one when it comes in. That way you would have a spare. Can't hurt to ask.
Better still, drop a quick note in the mail. Customer Service folks really appreciate people taking the time to write and give them a pat on the back. So many times their jobs are thankless and a note for their personnel file is a big boost, not only for her but the whole department.

Reactions: MilProGuy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts