Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the key lock supposed to work if there is a round in the chamber? Mine does not engage fully (using snap cap).

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Never tried mine with a round in the chamber. In fact I have never used the lock because I personally see no use for it. If you have kids or some other need to keep your weapon disabled, remove the mag and store them separately and out of reach of children. To me the lock is more of a liability then a safety device.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah I test locked each gun I bought, then put all the keys in the case that came with my PT111, and forgot about them.

I thought you could lock it loaded, but did not remember exactly from manual it says nothing about loaded or unloaded..

·
Registered
138 Posts
tman said:
Is the key lock supposed to work if there is a round in the chamber? Mine does not engage fully (using snap cap).
From page 19 of the manual.

SAFETY DEVICES
Taurus Security System

Never attempt to engage the Taurus Security System on a Taurus pistol with a cartridge in the chamber.

Proceed as follow:
- Remove the magazine;
- Unload the gun by cycling the slide. MAKE SURE THE CHAMBER IS EMPTY;
- Pull the trigger to decock the firing pin;
- Engage the Taurus Security System;
- You may reinsert the magazine.
Never engage the Taurus Security System when the firing pin is cocked.

ALWAYS KEEP THE MUZZLE POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION AND FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER.
Never engage the Taurus Security System on your Taurus Pistol with the slide in the open (rearward) position. This will result in permanent damage to your firearm.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess if all else fails, read the instructions. :???:

I don't use the Taurus lock. I was just wondering if mine was defective.

I have a trigger lock with a 3 digit combo that I use so that I can follow MN law regarding kids and firearms.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts