Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, You know the little key that fits the small modified hex bolt on the hammer of Taurus revolvers? My wife has buggered hers up just a tad, which is odd that she was even messing with it, as neither if us actually use the hammer lock and key dohicky. Is this thing user replaceable, or would Taurus have to do it. It is in the fire position and the gun works great, It just bothers her that it is not 100% She was using the provided key when it happened. It is an 85UL.

I wish Taurus offered a service where they could just remove it and put a plug back in it's place. :cool:

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Did she mess up the key or the actual lock on the gun? Either way, you can call Taurus customer service and if it is on the gun, you can send it in to them and they will repair it under their life time warranty program. If the gun is 90 days past the purchase date, you will have to pay shipping. If it is the key that is messed up, they can also help you there too. Give them a call.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Wow, I kind of want to see a picture of it if it's the actual lock on the gun. I've never seen one get messed up from using the key, usually the key gets lost, wears out or breaks before the actual lock takes any damage.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
If it is in the fire position, I would leave it as is. I understand not having it 100%, but if it is not need to keep little fingers from accidentally firing it, I would not worry about it at all. But, that is just me.

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts
Pretty sure they will have to replace it. Willing to bet they are on the restricted parts list.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I'm sure those parts are restricted, anything dealing with safeties and fire control pretty much aren't coming off the list I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts