Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new taurus model 850 38 special. The second time i took it out to shoot the cylinder jammed. The trigger was in the rear position. Sent it back and called coustome service to find out what the problem might be. From reading othet sites lots of people having the same problem. Customer service was no help. Weapon has been there 4 days and not registered on their repair status site. A friend bought a new judge and i told him about my problem. He had not shot his yet but when i told him about my problem he pulled the trigger on his a few times and it jammed also. What is going on with Taurus? No email address and no help with customer service. Also they would not let me talk to a supervisor.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. I have the M327 and a 617 and neither one had the problem. I, personally, would take a look myself at the problem before sendimg the gun to Taurus.

Cheers.
Mad

·
32,573 Posts
If your read lots of threads around here and at other gun forums you'll find that CS was a help and turn around times were decent.
It is odd that the guns were not looked at closer at the LGS. I see a lot of guns dry fired before the purchase. A lot of people do that prior to buying the gun. That or do that using snap caps. Those are cheap insurance.

There are plenty of gun companies, even high end ones, that do not have e-mail so that's a non-starter there.
Taurus guns have to be field stripped and cleaned prior to doing just about anything else. Same for Rossi handguns as the preservative they use for shipping will cause problems like this if not cleaned out.

There are few actual details about the how,why, and where on this. There is no way to know the how as there are a goodly number of ways this could happen. The causes need to be gone through and eliminated otherwise this is all an academic exercise.

The "friend" is not relevant as he is unavailable and is anecdotal with lack of relevant details means there is no way we can be of help.

Normally that's the way things work. Either the gun is taken back to the store, a local certified gunsmith looks and correct the problem, the gun owner takes care of the problem because they have the knowldge and ability to make the fix, or the gun is sent in to be fixed and the gun owner works with the company to get things under control.

That's not seen there.

Get the name of the person you talk to. Even a detailed letter by snail mail would be of help to them.

There are quite a few good CS people. Yes, there are some that are of no help. Those get weeded out over time

We have little to go on and that does not ehlp the situation.

If those actual details are given then working things through is possible. If not then it's just another questionable rant.

·
32,573 Posts
This should be able to be worked out.

Here's why. From BigSkiff who went on the tour of Taurus USA in Dec. last year. Not so long ago.

Quote:
Taurus has a new policy, well relatively new since September 2011, that all repairs will be made within 2 months or the gun will be destroyed and replaced with a new one. The new CEO at Taurus is all about improving customer service and I think that shows in the comments we've been getting in the last few weeks. Taurus has been listening and they are very focused on customer service making issues better! End of Quote.

Maybe someone missed this.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...aurus-international-mfg-inc-factory-tour.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh and one more thing. If i had been in a self defense situation i would be dead. I have never had a revolver fail me. Don't want to argue about it but it was a bad feeling to have a revolver fail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Curious to see how this turns out.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Bought a new taurus model 850 38 special. The second time i took it out to shoot the cylinder jammed. The trigger was in the rear position. Sent it back and called coustome service to find out what the problem might be. From reading othet sites lots of people having the same problem. Customer service was no help. Weapon has been there 4 days and not registered on their repair status site. A friend bought a new judge and i told him about my problem. He had not shot his yet but when i told him about my problem he pulled the trigger on his a few times and it jammed also. What is going on with Taurus? No email address and no help with customer service. Also they would not let me talk to a supervisor.
Sorry you are having issue with your handguns.

You'll have to give Taurus adequate time (4 days is not enough) to get your gun into their customer service system and get the repair process started. Talking to a supervisor when the handgun is not even listed in the system will be of no benefit to you at this stage of the process.

As a word of encouragement about the overall Taurus brand, I've owned four different Taurus revolvers (two of which are Judges) and they've never failed to function properly.

Taurus does not do email correspondence.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Oh and one more thing. If i had been in a self defense situation i would be dead.
It's a good thing that it wasn't a life of death situation.

By the way, how's your friend's Judge? I've never heard of a revolver "jamming".

Did he contact Taurus about his malfunction?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In my experience, revolvers "jamming" is not as rare as many people think.

I was at the range with my friend who had a S&W Model 19 that he bought used. It was his second range trip with it, and the cylinder locked up! Man, he was mad! Next time I spoke with him, he told me he took it apart and there was a little shard of metal stuck somewhere in the works....

I've seen other people's revolvers "jam" simply because some debris had gotten underneath the extractor star... and some that jammed because they had very tight tolerances and were simply too dirty after having been fired a lot.

I've never heard of a revolver "jamming".

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
At this point in time I see someone that just wants to rant not find any answers. Call CS and fill out the proper paper work and send it in to be repaired . Then start another post that tells us more then my gun won't work. Until then this thread is closed .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.