Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I sent my 1911 back to Taurus after finding some manufacturing defects. Taurus received it on 4/11. I was told 2 weeks ago that I should be done by the end of May so I called today to check on it. The CSR put me on hold for a while and came back and told me it was sent to the review board. I asked thim what that meant and he said he couldn't tell me any more than that. I then asked what the review board was and he said guns go there if they needed to determine whether it should be repaired or replaced and to call back Monday or Tuesday. Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
NOt I sir! But in a way that sounds like a very valid idea. If it was defective for true, it gets evaluated, replaced, and your happy and a truly defective piece is gone from the system. I think you will win win win, in that case.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they need to figure out how it got through QC. I don't see how they can repair it as part of the problem is too much steel was removed. I'm hoping they just send a replacement w/o any defects. I just wonder how long this will take.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
bigmikelaw said:
I guess they need to figure out how it got through QC. I don't see how they can repair it as part of the problem is too much steel was removed. I'm hoping they just send a replacement w/o any defects. I just wonder how long this will take.
Well, as we do not know how this review board works, I would bet it will not be very long. That is my hope for you. I remember your original about it, and figured they would handle it for you pretty quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't sound like it. I called today as instructed to get an update. The girl on the phone first couldn't find the SN after she had already told me it had been received on 4/11, which didn't make any sense. Then she asked my name, put me on hold and came back to tell me that it had been "repaired". I said, "OK. So it was repaired, not replaced". She acted surprised and asked who told me it would be replaced. I told her about my last call and that I was told it went to the review board to see if it was to be repaired or replaced. She asked if it was a male that answered. I said yes, but I didn't know who. She put me on hold again and came back and told me that they don't do replacements and that it was repaired and would be tested by Friday and to call back then. I don't know how they can repair where too much steel was removed so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
JUst an aside about contacts with any customer service!

Always, without fail, get the name, and extension # of the rep you talk too. Beats the heck out of going thru the whole darn thing each time you call, and you can ask to speak to their supervisor if you do not get an answer that satisfy's you.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
That's too bad Mike. I was really hoping Taurus would do the right thing and replace your gun. Hopefully the woman on the phone was wrong.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Definately let us know. I'm thinking you're gonna either get a new gun, or at least they will replace the piece.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's here. After 9 weeks they finally sent a replacement. I'm a bit disappointed though as the replacement has some of the same defects, although they aren't to the same degree as the last gun. I'll post comparison pics when I get a chance.On the upside though they sent the replacement with everything so I have 2 new mags, a spare brush and bushing wrench. I was planning on going to the range tomorrow to test my wife's new wheel gun so it came at a good time. I'll be sure to post a range report.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took it to the range on Saturday and put about 100 rounds through it. Wow! This one's a keeper! It shot better than I did. I can't wait to get back to the range.

·
Super Moderator
21,730 Posts
I don't know how many women they have in CS but the one I talked to several times was rude and did not have a clue as to what was going on. I got ahold of a John and problem was taken care of and he new what I was talking about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts