Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a Taurus 24/7 45 from a gunsmith that was getting out of the biz , the gun was not a functioning firearm. I sent it to Taurus and Got it back in seven weeks exactly and they sent me a new gun. 10 points for Taurus for taking care of buisiness.
Former taurus trasher
New Fan
Sheldon

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:D Alright Sheldon! Thanks for sharing this. If you read the threads on this forum long enough, you will find many more stories like yours. I own four Taurus handguns and one Charter Arms revolver that I bought for my wife in a weak moment. None of them have given me any problems.
Good shooting with your new "best friend"! ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sheldon said:
Hello, I purchased a Taurus 24/7 45 from a gunsmith that was getting out of the biz , the gun was not a functioning firearm. I sent it to Taurus and Got it back in seven weeks exactly and they sent me a new gun. 10 points for Taurus for taking care of buisiness.
Former taurus trasher
I bought a new Taurus 94 .22 revolver that had problems with the cylinder sticking about 3 times every 9 shots. It just would not turn. Took back to the dealer two weeks ago who sent it in to Taurus that same day. Yesterday, the shop called me and said they got confirmation from Taurus that they got the gun and that it would be 5 weeks before they sent it back. Assuming two weeks more for shipping, that would be a total of 9 weeks. Is that about what to expect from Taurus? I thought the turn around time would me a lot shorter. Do they just have too many to be fixed?

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
Apparently they do. I have read of shorter turn around times and longer.

It will depend on what they find needs to be done.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Good to go, sounds like they took great care of you. You definitely came out ahead. Now, give us a range report.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The turn around on my model 617 was one day shy of five weeks. Not bad considering the paper work most companies love to produce. Many times the paper work takes many times longer than the actual work.

I've been there and done that as a nuclear valve inspector. The paper work covers everything from mining from the ground to the grave for the part. We never figured it by the ream it usually ran more like a truck load! Regular jobs were figured by the ream.

·
Registered
67 Posts
moncoacp said:
I bought a new Taurus 94 .22 revolver that had problems with the cylinder sticking about 3 times every 9 shots. It just would not turn. Took back to the dealer two weeks ago who sent it in to Taurus that same day. Yesterday, the shop called me and said they got confirmation from Taurus that they got the gun and that it would be 5 weeks before they sent it back. Assuming two weeks more for shipping, that would be a total of 9 weeks. Is that about what to expect from Taurus? I thought the turn around time would me a lot shorter. Do they just have too many to be fixed?
Got a pleasant surprise. Gun shop called this morning and said my Model 94 was back from Taurus. That is 3-4 weeks sooner than expected. Packing slip said they "adjusted" the cylinder and the firing pin. Raining today and supposed to rain all weekend. Probably won't get range time until Monday but will then give an update on the repair.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
Is it my imagination, or is Taurus CS getting better?

If they keep this up, there will no longer be a need for a Complaint Czar.

·
Registered
276 Posts
yes I also hope they get mine back soon, I hate being with out it( my pt111 ) I have others but something special about that one...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Big Ugly Tall Texan said:

Well they did all right by me. Not only was turnaround time much shorter than anticipated, the M94 now works flawlessly after 150 rounds. No cylinder lockups, no light strikes like before. Had one misfire but on inspection it was the cartridge. I am awaiting delivery of a 738 which I hope will not have to be sent back, but if it does,I have more confidence that it will be sent back in working order within a a reasonable time.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
MilProGuy said:
Always good to hear from a "former" Taurus trasher ;D. It's great when you come away satisfied with your handgun!
I hardly feel like a trasher, matter of fact I tend to be a Taurus advocate, if your comment was directed my way! Otherwise my apology to you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Big Ugly Tall Texan said:

I doesn't seem to be working for me. I sent my PT745 back 4 weeks ago, which is the amount of time they told me the repair would take. According to the "Repair Status" it's still awaiting repair. Oddly enough, 10 days ago it moved to under repair for 3 days, but then went back to awaiting repair. Because of that, I'm wondering if there's a parts problem, but no one has communicated anything to me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I still waiting on my pt111 too friend, I called today cause I was told it would be ready to ship by today (right),they received it Feb, 22 but of cause its still waiting repair.. I asked if they had any idea on the return and I was told no but he did say they were working on the guns that came in on Feb, 12th,, this is the first Ive had anything sent to them for repair and maybe the last, so far I'm not impressed each time I call I get a different reason or same lame answer, I know they must be busy but a month for a five minute repair if that.. (mag, release for me) how hard can that be?I guess I'll get it back one day,,

·
Registered
97 Posts
rexy said:
I still waiting on my pt111 too friend, I called today cause I was told it would be ready to ship by today (right),they received it Feb, 22 but of cause its still waiting repair.. I asked if they had any idea on the return and I was told no but he did say they were working on the guns that came in on Feb, 12th,, this is the first Ive had anything sent to them for repair and maybe the last, so far I'm not impressed each time I call I get a different reason or same lame answer, I know they must be busy but a month for a five minute repair if that.. (mag, release for me) how hard can that be?I guess I'll get it back one day,,
In the past I have sent 3 guns back to the manufacturer for repair. I bought a used HP 995 carbine and HP wanted to check it out before I shot it - back in 7 days, and still shoots perfectly. I sent back a S&W SW9VE for a free trigger job - back in 5 days with free shipping both ways. 500+ rounds w/o one problem. The other one I didn't send back. I called Kahr to ask about a metal mag release, although the polymer one worked. Two days later, I received two in the mail with a Ph# to call a tech, and he would walk me through the install - not required.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bought a 3yr old PT 24/7 Pro from a pawn shop. 2nd trip to the range the frame cracked on the side running from the slide latch to the trigger. Sent in and was received on 3-9. Email said 4 - 6 weeks Letter I got in the mail said 5 - 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
PCottrell said:
Bought a 3yr old PT 24/7 Pro from a pawn shop. 2nd trip to the range the frame cracked on the side running from the slide latch to the trigger. Sent in and was received on 3-9. Email said 4 - 6 weeks Letter I got in the mail said 5 - 6 weeks. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
Sorry to hear about your 24/7. I've heard about this in earlier models, but my 3rd gen has been perfect. In fact, the 24/7 was the basis for my buying the PT745, but that's been a disaster, and I'll probably sell it when it gets back. I thought the PT745 would be a better CC gun than the 24/7 c, but although it's a bit shorter, it's about the same in grip length and just as thick. I'm still looking for that "perfect" CC 45.

I haven't received any communication from Taurus since I sent the gun back.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts