Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own Taurus PT 1911, recently the extractor broke after only owning the gun for less than a year.
I contacted Taurus with the problem. They emailed me an express Fed X shipping labled to ship my
gun to them prepaid. The gun was repaired and returned to me within 10 days including shipping time
both ways at no cost at all to me. Outstanding service.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, TX!

Glad to hear another positive experience. Hopefully you won't have much more 'experience' with repairs. LOL :D Good luck and Happy Shootin'!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh wow, they paid for shipping both ways? That is awesome IMHO. My first Taurus is on the way and I work a few minutes from their factory in Miami. I wonder if they'd allow an in person drop off if I ever needed service...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Super service ,hope my 327 mags back that quick i miss it already and it's not even a week ~~RR~~

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I went online to try to find some information on my broken extractor or to see if it was a common problem, I found a lot of forums of people who really talked down about Taurus firearms. I own 5 Taurus guns and I think they are all great. This is the only problem I have ever had with any of my Taurus. I own a 24/7 Pro DS in 40 S&W and was pretty impressed with it at the range when it out shot others with much more expensive guns. Taurus are well made and affordable and their service is awesome. Just ordered a set of night sights for my 24/7 and am looking forward to purchasing a new 24/7 Gen 2. This is a great forum and am so glad I found it.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Welcome aboard. Keep us posted on the repair and outcome.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Local dealer returned my Judge, Public Defender model after it had "locked up". My Judge was returned in less than two weeks. Took my Judge to the range last week and I fired the Judge thru two boxes of ammo. Flawless operation. Initially only fired 5 times before malfunction.
Very pleased with the warranty repair. Thanks Taurus.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I own Taurus PT 1911, recently the extractor broke after only owning the gun for less than a year.
I contacted Taurus with the problem. They emailed me an express Fed X shipping labled to ship my
gun to them prepaid. The gun was repaired and returned to me within 10 days including shipping time
both ways at no cost at all to me. Outstanding service.
This is such a great post, I am a part of other gun forums I swear there are always people saying Taurus makes the customer ship the gun at their cost "BOTH WAYS" and that is takes at least a month for every fix and they have to send it in multiple times. Though this might be true on very rare instances I am glad to see all the BS out there is really false.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
All too often, one very unsupported story becomes Internet Legend, and is trotted out every time some one mentions any of the products. It even gets switched to be specific. Like most Internet Legends, it rarely has a basis in fact. You know, the "well my childhood friend's mother-in-law, knew a barber who had a customer that had heard from that guys ex-wife's last boyfriend, that someone had a problem with a Taurus tomorrow."

·
Registered
239 Posts
Definitely nice to hear such positive service stories. I had a Walther PPK at S&W for 6 weeks not counting shipping time. It was returned no better than when it was shipped out, that's why I no longer own it. I hate having to ship a gun back but appreciate when it's returned promptly and properly repaired.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am really excited about Taurus warranty repair when I see all the positive comments on the forum. Glad to see it all!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well the paid shipping for the return of mine and said 2-3 weeks , they recieved it on the 1st of the month,it's 3 weeks and the link to ck on it still read recieved awaiting repair. Still not in the repair dept .the comformation email said 4 weeks ,looks like they better work fast . just an updte, Dang i got 3 holsters and more ammo and bullets fer reloading ,get'n ichy ~~RR~~

·
Banned
80 Posts
This is such a great post, I am a part of other gun forums I swear there are always people saying Taurus makes the customer ship the gun at their cost "BOTH WAYS" and that is takes at least a month for every fix and they have to send it in multiple times. Though this might be true on very rare instances I am glad to see all the BS out there is really false.
Taurus customer service told me they would pay shiping both ways the first year. After that they usually pay return shippping depending on the problem. My problem is in the first year. I was e-mailed a label to print and take to fed-ex. I took my gun to fed-ex in the box it came in. Fed-ex put it in another box at no cost to me, slaped my label on it, 24 hours later Taurus had it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ck this out ,this morn it was still listed as recieved awaithing repair, tonite I got a call from Fed EX about a pkge i'd need to sign for coming tomorrow / ck'd the Tarurus link and it by passed the repair dept to the repaired and fed ex on the way .Me think their repair status link is never updated untill their done. so turn around will be a hqair over 3 weeks . sure hope it's right. ~~RR~~

·
Registered
34 Posts
As I went online to try to find some information on my broken extractor or to see if it was a common problem, I found a lot of forums of people who really talked down about Taurus firearms...
This is exactly why I joined this forum. I could never filter through all the internet BS (about Taurus quality) coming from people who don't even own a Taurus product or have a clue about the real facts. I've admired Taurus designs for years; I just haven't made the plunge beyond a vintage M85. By tracking this forum I can get a better sense for what the reliability issues may be. I enjoy my Beretta 92 collection but I have no reservations about purchasing the PT 92 in the near future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts