Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a taurus 941 22 mag that the cylinder and trigger will freeze up after about 15 rounds are shot. It also becomes very difficult to open the cylinder and eject the spent brass as well. I called taurus and they told me to send the gun in and it will be covered under warranty. I sent it via fedex overnight and it was signed for at Taurus the next day. So five days later I check the status on the taurus web site and there was no record of them receiving the gun. I called customer service and they checked the serial number and they had no record. The rep told me that receiving was backed up and it may take a few days to process. So finally 7 days after they signed for the gun it shows up on the web site. I was told it could take 2 to 3 weeks to repair the gun. Has anyone else had a similar problem or any experience with their repair dept ? I am glad that my main defense gun is a Ruger.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
This forum has no connection whatsoever with Taurus International, so posting multiple complaints on the same issue will not go up the pipe to them.

It all stays right here among friends. ;)

Reactions: militant defender

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guessing from the multiple threads, you may have even less patience than me. Nothing wrong with that, it keeps people on their toes.

I bought my 605ch used at a gun show and had it for a few weeks before I had to send it into Taurus for lite hits. I was not a happy camper. It took 6 weeks to get the gun back and I was pretty bent out of shape for the entire time. And I had a cabinet full of guns, any one of which could have been called my "main defense gun".

But that was 9 years ago. It came back with the worn spring and firing pin replaced and a double action trigger that pulls as smooth as any revolver I've ever fired. I have put countless rounds of anything from reloaded .38 LSWC to Cor-Bon .357 125 grain @ 1400fps through it in the past 9 years with no issues at all.

My cabinet has thinned out over the years, but the Taurus remains as one of my "main defense guns". In hindsight, I bought a used revolver, at a gun show, for less than $300 US, It gave me problems and I sent it off and got it fixed (and vastly improved) for free, it was returned to me 'as new' with a Lifetime Guarantee, and I complained the whole time.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I have a taurus 941 22 mag that the cylinder and trigger will freeze up after about 15 rounds are shot. It also becomes very difficult to open the cylinder and eject the spent brass as well. I called taurus and they told me to send the gun in and it will be covered under warranty. I sent it via fedex overnight and it was signed for at Taurus the next day. So five days later I check the status on the taurus web site and there was no record of them receiving the gun. I called customer service and they checked the serial number and they had no record. The rep told me that receiving was backed up and it may take a few days to process. So finally 7 days after they signed for the gun it shows up on the web site. I was told it could take 2 to 3 weeks to repair the gun. Has anyone else had a similar problem or any experience with their repair dept ? I am glad that my main defense gun is a Ruger.
well as they explained the reason??
I guess i am wondering exactly what the question is?
the weapons are unpacked, inspected in order recieved, then kind of a triage done to determine which ones can be repaired immediately and which ones will need to await parts to repair or further inspection for replacement, so what does it really matter when the thing shows up on the web site???
2-3 weeks for repair isn't out of the norm in my experience in a factory repair, at least not with Beretta, Colt, Ruger, it kind of depends on what the problem is normally and how many guns are in front of yours.

·
Administrator
39,378 Posts
I am glad that my main defense gun is a Ruger.
Me too! There's better selections for self defense out there than .22Mag. Unless your Ruger is a .22Mag.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I believe many of their staff was diverted to the shot show last week, so it will probably take a little time to catch up. Usually they state 2-3 weeks as "the worst case situation" many times it is much quicker.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
the gun dealer i go to has sent a lot of LCP's back and the SR series when they first come out, that being said every manufacturer has guns going back i don't care who they are. what it comes down to is warranty. i called taurus CS once for a broken extractor in my PT 1911, they bent over backwards for me. they were out of blue extractors(backordered)so they are sending me a stainless extractor and when the blue come in they are sending me one of those to. didn't even ask me to send the broken extractor to them.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
There is often no rhyme nor reason for the repair work quanity to suddenly spike. Now I can understand it if it occurs during the holiday periods, or just before hunting or shooting seasons. Many people procrastinate ( not me ;) )! Then there is always the "Flu Season" or what ever other crud happens to be going around that can throw a monkey wrench in the works. Believe me I have seen it all with 40 years in a factory and many of them in Quality Assurance, Sheet happens! A couple of years ago it took five weeks for my model 617 to get back from a Florida vacation and two days of that time was spent getting the last 100 miles from the Fed-Ex terminal to my door because of a blizzard shutting down many airports and highways!

Have you never observed how buried repair shops that service boat motors, lawn mowers, ATV's, and snow mobiles get just before the time comes when people want to use them?

That reminds me I need to hook the trailer up and get my generator and air compressor in to the shop to get them "tuned up"!:)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Can ya'll hear the crickets chirping?

This individual posted this three times last night, but hasn't returned.

"Chirp, chirp, chirp..."

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
probably a bunch of B.S., yes i saw all 3 of his post within 10 min. just didn't make sense what he was saying.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Basic answer, you'll get it back when it's right. And if it's not, then Taurus will work on it again and again until you're pulling that .22 Mag from a holster on the side of your Hoveround.

Gotta love when people shoot their wad in 10 minutes about something that no one has control over.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I believe many of their staff was diverted to the shot show last week, so it will probably take a little time to catch up. Usually they state 2-3 weeks as "the worst case situation" many times it is much quicker.
He-He-he, yea and sometimes the worst case is a lot longer too!
it just depends on whats wrong with the weapon and if those needed parts are in stock..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts