Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Judge Magnum and have it for a couple years with zero problems (use it for skeet, target, home defense, killed groundhogs/raccoons/possums/ and crow with it), and recommended it to many friends to get it for home defense. This is a perfect conceal carry gun for any big guy. I use the PDX rounds for home defense but have shot some groundhogs and raccoons around my pond while I've been out there fishing. After seeing what it does to a groundhog at 10yrds I feel comfortable using it as my go to gun, or at least the gun that buys me enough time to unlock the gun case and break out the heavy stuff. Original post was about problems with a different gun, realized I posted it in the wrong spot so I changed this to be about my other Judge, just can't figure out how to delete this one or change the title.:confused:

·
8,665 Posts
Wow that is some real bad luck there DN. I am not a Raging Judge expert - so hopefully some one on here will have some ideas. It is strange that Taurus would restamp or fix the engraving though. As far as 454 casull - I have heard of an occasional cylinder or bore problem with that load in other none Taurus revolvers, but not Taurus. How frustrating. I am up to about 500 rounds mix 45C and 410 in my model 4510 Judge - no issues.

·
22,520 Posts
You shoot skeet with it? Seriously? That's awesome. Talk about making you a better all-round handgunner!!! Do you shoot double action or single action mode?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's double action. I draw and shoot with my old mechanical thrower because it's slow. If my son's throwing with a hand thrower then I'm already cocked and loaded. It's alot off fun, wish I could rabbit hunt with it but the barrel is to short to legally hunt with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts