Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I own a PD polymer Judge. After 75 rounds the cylinder locked and I could not open it. Not while shooting. The gun was clean and oiled. It took about 30 minutes to get it open with oil and working it in and out. I sent it back to Taurus and they fixed it. The never listed what was replaced. I shot 30 rounds of Federal 410 thru it and so far no problems. Has anyone had this problem with thier Judges?

Joe

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
No, Joe, I've owned two Judges, and have not encountered that issue.

I'm glad that Taurus CS took good care of you. :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Taurus customer service did a great job. But Fedex did not. My gun was delivered to a different address. It was a company down the road from my store. (I left specific instructions for Taurus about my return address). They opened up the box because they deal with medical equipment and thought it was a return. Thank god my cell phone number was on the box. Guy called me up and held my gun for me till I got there in 30 seconds. Heart Pounding. I could have lost my gun. No harm done. Just a little more stress put on Joe.

Joe

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Debris under the extractor star can cause a cylinder to bind. (I've seen it on S&W Model 10's at the NYPD Firearms unit)

Too tight a barrel-cylinder gap can cause the same. (Seen that as well)

A third cause could be a loose or bent extractor rod.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Debris under the extractor star can cause a cylinder to bind. (I've seen it on S&W Model 10's at the NYPD Firearms unit)

Too tight a barrel-cylinder gap can cause the same. (Seen that as well)

A third cause could be a loose or bent extractor rod.

I bet it was the extractor rod. It looks like they replaced it. Thanks for the reply.

Joe

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would send a nasty-gram to FedEx about that mis-delivery. You were Lucky. What if it had been
delivered into the hands of someone who then used the gun in a crime? Since YOU are the registered
owner. Your A could have been grass for someones lawnmower.

I remember all the grief the law put some poor schmuck thru in our neighbor hood for finding a gun
while he was fishing. He dutifully turned the gun in - it had been used in a robbery where the filling
station attendant had been shot. The law made this guys life sheer h e l l for over a year even tho
he had a rock solid alibi for the time and date. Ya never know!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts