Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been talked about many of many times before, but i was really hoping for a more direct approach. I've asked this question a few times on other forums and never really got an answer. Seeing how this is a Taurus forum and how at least one of you probably own more than one Taurus firearm i figured this might be the best place to ask.

I was thumbing through some old forums on the topic of holsters for the new-er railed version of the 92 and found one that talked about using a blawkhawk cqc for a 24/7 on your 92. I was wondering if anyone here (who might have the resources already) might test this theory and let me...and a few others who are looking for a decent holster... know if this will work together.

I know that some companies make holsters for the 92 itach and fobus but i really like blackhawks.

Being new to the Taurus world i looked everywhere for the answer and found a video on youtube about a guy using a glock 22 holster. I rushed out and bought one thinking, hey this is awesome, tried my 92 and no dice.

So before i fall for another misleading notion i was just asking for a little help.

thank you,
Devin

·
Registered
518 Posts
The holster will take the PT92/99 with rail but I don't think it will take anything attached to the rail. That's the type holster I'm looking for. Thanks for the response though!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been looking for a holster for my PT 917 w/rail. It looks like Galco Matrix M5x202 is made for Taurus 92 and Beretta 92 with rail. It's a paddle holster. I think Amazon is selling it for just under $24. I am thinking about getting one. Yeah, I sort of remember reading from somewhere that Serpa holster for Beretta PX4 and Glock 21 or 22 might fit too. Can someone confirm this? IMI/ITAC has a paddle holster for Taurus 92 with rail. It won't fit my 917 because its front sight is dovetail and that top portion of the slide is thicker than a PT 92.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about having a custom one made, say by Hideous Holsters or somewhere like that? You can always get some Kydex and try making a perfectly fitting holster yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've thought about a custom rig, but i am too new into handguns to know who makes good custom holsters. I've heard different names thrown around but what are some good kydex holster makers?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Got the holster today and the PT99 with laser sight fits in it like a glove. Very happy with the relatively inexpensive holster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's awesome Larry glad to hear you like it. I think i've settled on the blade-tech for mine, if i can talk the wife into it. 65 is kinda steep but if its a good holster then maybe it'll be worth it.

Anyone here tried the blade-tech for the 92 ar?

·
Registered
518 Posts
dsbbshrum, use that "secret money" us guys keep stashed in the hidden pocket on our wallets! And a friend gave you the holster because his weapon didn't fit it, lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh i already told her i was getting the holster. In the next few weeks we will be paying her car off, so i think i deserve a treat for spending my hard earned money lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm buying a Fobus for now, hopefully it's not a piece of shit. I am collecting all the info on the tools and supplies I need to make my own KYDEX holster for my PT92 AFS w/ RAIL. I really am shocked that there isn't more companies offering holsters for PT92s. there are a lot of those guns out there. Maybe because the newer designs have the rails, they don't think the guns a big seller...1911s and striker fired guns are the THING now!

I love the feel of the 92 in my hand, the weight and I like the trigger!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi guys. I went with this one some time ago and have never regretted it so far. It handles the rail plus has an extra pocket for a second mag. The versatility is my favorite feature... can go left, right, back, etc. Tough with good quality, Cordura Nylon, under $20, and Made in the USA... just thought I'd mention this holster with a recommendation based on my experience!

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
As far as kydex holster manufacturer's go, Hideous Holsters are the way to go for this guy.

I have a holster for my pt1911 and mags, pt92 mags and g19 and mags. I'd really like to get a holster from them for my pt92, but don't want to part with it, while they make a mold.

So I'll just wait until someone else takes that plunge! sorry guys

Hideous Holsters are relatively cheap (compared to other kydex makers) have a quick ship time, are well made, and have a lifetime warranty!

I have a fobus BRV for my pt92, it works, but I'd like something a bit more sturdy.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I will let you know how the Kydex one I will be making turns out. :D
So what did you go with?
Did you do the kit where you have to mold your own kydex, or did you go with the one that has the kydex shell already molded? I already have three of their holsters. If I buy another pistol. I'll probably go with that option. It doesn't get much easier than this.

Premium Molded Holster Kit | Old Faithful Holsters

Anyhow, good luck with whatever you chose. Looking forward to seeing some pix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts