Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i got a chance to do a multi gun trade, (for one of mine) one of the guns i would be getting is a pt908, it not perfect, but in decent repair, just wondering if anyone else has owned one and their opinion, good or bad.

i have found myself quite partial to taurus as i carry the 24/7 in 45acp, as my primary carry weapon, and have tried real hard to make it fail me, and it has in turn really impressed me.

another gun in the deal is a raven .25 acp, any comments on it would be welcome.

·
Administrator
17,818 Posts
I have a Taurus PT908 and it has been an excellent compact 9mm pistol! Wish Taurus would bring it back. It's fed everything so far and is very reasonably accurate.

With my big hands I have to shoot both my PT908 and PT945 with a low thumb grip with my primary hand to keep from getting bit slightly by their hammers. (and no I'm not shooting both at once!)

As for your Raven, they are generally reliable but keep in mind that due to it's economy construction, it is a "Limited Use" handgun, meant for extreme CCW when a larger gun will be detected. Test it with the ammunition you intend to use it with (plain harball will do), clean it and put it away till needed. A Raven is best carried magazine full, chamber empty. I had one many years ago and traded it in on my Colt King Cobra .357 Magnum. These days I've not carried anything smaller than my PT908, and have often carried my PT945.

Your .45 24/7 Pro is an excellent handgun and I plan to get one in the future.

Taurus PT92, PT908, and PT945

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
jwc007 said:
With my big hands I have to shoot both my PT908 and PT945 with a low thumb grip with my primary hand to keep from getting bit slightly by their hammers. (and no I'm not shooting both at once!)
I certainly don't mean to hijack the post, but I've never really looked at the PT945, but it is an intriquing looking gun... something like the Sig 220? Obviously since you still have it, you like it, but what do you think is the best feature?

·
Administrator
17,818 Posts
Cimarron said:
something like the Sig 220? Obviously since you still have it, you like it, but what do you think is the best feature?
Funny you should mention the SigArms P220. I had one and the Taurus PT945 replaced it. Mainly what I like about the PT945 is that it's bore axis is lower than the P220 and it's magazines were designed to hold 8 rounds from the start. It's best feature is that it is lighter and a bit more compact than my preferred .45 EAA Witnesses, which are all steel. The PT945 was feed reliable from the start. My old P220 needed to have it's chamber throat beveled and polished to feed properly even with 230 grn hardball, but then it was wonderful!

Currently, I'm considering a .45 PT24/7 Pro due to it's hammerless design, higher magazine capacity, and light weight. Spare magazines will however weigh more and be thicker.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks jwc007... I really appreciate the insight... you might just want to post a thread on the 945 for others interests...

now back to our regularly scheduled programing... hijacking ended!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts