Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Taurus PT845 and just recently while shooting the magazine falls out. The magazine releases from either side so I'm guessing my trigger finger is hitting it. Does any one else have this problem and how do i solve it?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
What Andreew said!

And welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Indeed I am and have been since I purchased it over a year ago. At first all of my mags did this I sent it back to taurus the first time and no longer had an issue with it until about a month ago it started hapening again, however it was only one magazine that was doing it. Sent it back to taurus once again and just got it back. oNe magazine did it 3 times during its first use tat day but i had no issues with it the rest of the day.

I have narrowed it down to one or a combination of Four things.

1) the trigger bar is making contact with the magazine during trigger pull putting downward pressure on the magazine. this will be obvious as there will be marks on the right hand shoulder of the mag where the trigger bar is removing material. will post pics of it when I get home

2) frame is out of spec

3)frame in general needs to be made slightly lager. IE they tried to pack 12 rounds of .45 into such a slim package so it is a tight fit causing the trigger bar issue.

4) Magazine is out of spec.

I can however be confident that you are NOT accidently hitting the mag release and ejecting the mag as most everyone here will tell you it takes a very deliberate action to hit the magazine release.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Does it happen with a partially loaded magazine?
Before the first repair it happened with all magazine regardless of how much ammo is in the magazine.

After the second repair it only happened with one magazine duirng one use (does that make since) and the one other time I used that mag that day it worked as it should.

I am at work right now so I can not post pictures but all of my magazines have a spot on the righ hand shoulder where the trigger bars is/was removing material.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Here is the picture I promised. That shiny spot you see is where the trigger bar makes contact with the magazine. it is visible on all my mags some worse than others.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 845 mags have the same marks, but I have never had a mag drop while firing. Not saying that this couldn't be part of the problem; it's just never happened with my pistol. I have close to 2000 rounds through mine.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The same thing happened to my with my PT609 at times.
At first it happened often. I found that it was my grip that was the cause of the magazine dropping.
So as I practiced more, the issue went away.

Rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had some some mags drops on my 809 before. When ever it drops I make sure I don't move my grip and inspect the position of my right middle finger and the mag release (I'm right handed). I found that the fat on my finger was pressing on it hehe. This started happening after I polished the mag release button and the mag release. The slightest pressure will release the mag.

If you are sure that you are pressing the button and the gun is not defective you can just disable the button. You can do this by adding material like expoxy or JB weld on the right ramp of the mag button. This will create a burr so the the release lever will not activate on the right side. Just file down the material if you want to reactivate the button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magazine falling out

Sent my gun in becuse of the magazine falling out , Taurus sent it back with 2 new magazines after the 2nd time at the range they started falling out again. Sent it back to Taurus and when they shipped it back FedX lost it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Sent my gun in becuse of the magazine falling out , Taurus sent it back with 2 new magazines after the 2nd time at the range they started falling out again. Sent it back to Taurus and when they shipped it back FedX lost it.
Gee, your having a heck of a trip with that?
I hope everything works out and they replace it with fine working model???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are suppose to ship me a new one on Thursday...But they never contact me when the say they will..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Something put the major hex upon you. Now would be the time to do some low grumbling. Keep us posted on your "new" purchase.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The same thing happened to my PT-145 after 150 rounds. It happened to my daughter and myself. I am going to contact Taurus as soon as my company heads for home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same thing happened to my PT-145 after 150 rounds. It happened to my daughter and myself. I am going to contact Taurus as soon as my company heads for home.
I had the same issue with my PT-145. Just got it back from Taurus Saturday and went to the range to test fire it today. It seems to be okay now. They said that the mag release was cracked and replaced it. May be the same issue with your PT 145. :shooter:

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Same here with PT140 - cracked mag release - Taurus repaired and 300 rds. later still a go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went out yesterday and shot 60 rounds through 2 magazines and no magazines fell out. I'll have to do more testing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own the pt111 g2 9mm and just orderd the pt 845 should I have any concerns about it and how's the recoil and how long do it takes for the free NRA membership to come back thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts