Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently just bought a new in box stainless pt709. A couple days later I found out about the Taurus G2S. Wondering if I should sell my 709 and go G2S.

What do you guys think? Having a hard time finding the Taurus G2S local anybody have suggestions who might currently stock it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are available everywhere online. All of my local Academy's also has them. I say keep the 709 and buy a G2C as well.
Thank you I will check my local Sports Academy stores. I'm thinking maybe the nice grip and accessory rail might be worth the trade.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All depends on YOUR hand grip
I have the pt111 and 709 , the pt111 fits MY hand a little better but the 709 conceals better

I choose the Pt111 ( same as G2C ) because of the fit and my Lt index finger goes in the front of the trigger guard

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 709 will have the lifetime warranty, and the G2S will not... makes all the difference to me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Personally I like the looks of the 709. It's stylishly different! Hang on to it!

Reactions: CJS3

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
The 709 is a great gun. Just to be sure you are talking about the G2"S" as in single stack? Considering the money you will most likely lose I would stick with the 709. If you were looking at the G2"C" I might take the financial loss for the increased ammo in the double stack and with just marginal increase in gun size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i use to owne the pt709 and it was great, then i thought i am better off with the double stack g2c but after all i regret my choice, the pt was blued and way better to cc. dont get me wrong i think the g2c is also hell of a shooter but i miss my pt, specialy after i got rid of the safety key thing

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with my 709 so it's history. Biggest problem, the slide tarnished something awful. You've solved that with the SS. Second problem, was failure to feed + I believe that was mostly ammo. My 709 didn't like light loads (85gr). If you experience the same problem, either put more rounds thru it or avoid the light bullet weights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts