Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can Taurus PT640 shoot Russian made Wolf Performance 40 S&W 180 Grain Full Metal Jacket?

I've heard that steel case ammo is bad for the gun but some aruge that if your gun can't shoot any kind/made of ammo out there then your gun is pretty useless. Did any of you try Taurus pistol with steel case? I'm thinking about buying the Wolf brand FMJ ammo for practice use.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Hi all, can Taurus PT640 shoot Russian made Wolf Performance 40 S&W 180 Grain Full Metal Jacket?

I've heard that steel case ammo is bad for the gun but some aruge that if your gun can't shoot any kind/made of ammo out there then your gun is pretty useless. Did any of you try Taurus pistol with steel case? I'm thinking about buying the Wolf brand FMJ ammo for practice use.

I fired 2 boxes of TulaAmmo .40 (which is really Wolf in a different package) with the polymer coated steel cases and they functioned flawlessly. Most of the Russian ammo is dirtier than most of the domestic ammo; just be sure to clean the chamber well after shooting.

While there is some controversy about SOME steel cased ammo, most of the modern steel case ammo is generally safe ti use. There are some pistols whose extractor does not like the steel cases, but my PT640 (Academy Black Friday special) has functioned flawlessly from an ammo standpoint. (I did have one mechanical problem not ammo related, but that was resolved).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fired 2 boxes of TulaAmmo .40 (which is really Wolf in a different package) with the polymer coated steel cases and they functioned flawlessly. Most of the Russian ammo is dirtier than most of the domestic ammo; just be sure to clean the chamber well after shooting.

While there is some controversy about SOME steel cased ammo, most of the modern steel case ammo is generally safe ti use. There are some pistols whose extractor does not like the steel cases, but my PT640 (Academy Black Friday special) has functioned flawlessly from an ammo standpoint. (I did have one mechanical problem not ammo related, but that was resolved).
Thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to buy some.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to create another thread. Did anyone try Jack Ross Ammunition espeically their reloaded ammo? They have a good price on reloaded .40sw for 1000 rnds. I'm thinking about ordering it but I can't find much info on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts