Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[HR][/HR]Any here have a new PT58 and an Old PT58?[/FONT]

I am looking to buy some of the Old 12 Round magazines, and I am wanting to know if they fit the new PT58 HC...which has 19 round magazines.

I am thinking they will fit flush on the new model as they did on the old model and be a little more CCW friendly?

They have 10, 12, and 19 round mags available!

10 would be fine as well. The 12 round and I see the 10 as well have the "forward finger beavertail" which I like.

The 19's are fun at the range, but kinda get in the way... I have removed the mag and carried it around for a while and it makes a huge difference to me to remove just that extension on the 19...

It was also rumored a millennium magazine would fit it as well??:confused:

·
32,481 Posts
There are no magazines out there that are 12 rounders that are in good shape. The ones I have seen and was going to buy were beat to death,rusted, and looked like they'd been put through the mill.

Only 10 rounders are available for the most part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen a couple on Gunbroker...one is $40 looks kinda rough and one is $60 and looks fairly new or gentle used, but $60??

I wish MecGar would have something available.

And hoping the millennium myth is actually true?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
The Taurus web site lists the 10 rounders.
Question: Isn't the PT-58S a near clone of the Beretta m84? Maybe those would fit. I know they are the same magazines (and holsters) as for the Browning B.D.A. I have Mec-Gars for my m84.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
"There are no magazines out there that are 12 rounders that are in good shape. The ones I have seen and was going to buy were beat to death,rusted, and looked like they'd been put through the mill.

Only 10 rounders are available for the most part."

I bought some new, OEM wrapped 12 round Taurus PT58 magazines from CDNN about eight months ago. They are still out there, but it requires due diligence to find them. Once found, buy them THEN, not later. Heck, reasonably priced PT58HC magazines are rare. That is the price paid for limited run, or discontinued, guns in your possession.

If you want to see rare, and expensive, magazines, price some for the FNP45 in the original issue 15 round size. Hard to find, and just north of $50.00 each.

I'm lucky in that I bought five spares with my PT58, a couple of decades ago. When I bought my PT58HC, I also bought five spares right then. With maintenance, and a little care, they all look brand-new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a PT 58 S Taurus that came with the 12-round magazine. I called Taurus and gave them my serial # and they said the below magazines are available and that they quit make the 12-round ones. I've included the manufacturer part # and the price Taurus gave me for them. I was able to get the 10-rounds one on other sites and just waiting for them to come in this coming week.

MFG PART#: 5-11031 - 10-round - $36.00
MFG Part#: 5-58001-15 - 15-round - $58.00
MFG Part#: 5-58001-19 - 19-round - $48.00

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
I tried that. They don't work. The magazine catch is in a different location.
couldn't you just modify it with a dremmel? I modded a beretta 92 30 rd mag to work with my sigma. it only took about 10 minutes to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, when I get mine in and if they work, I'll let all of you know. I would think Taurus wouldn't give me a wrong item # but stranger things have happened! We'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts