Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this gun not too long ago. It does not have a "Pro" or any other marker on the slide other than the PT 24/7. I got it with one factory 12-round mag. I ordered a Mec-Gar mag for the Para 14, and a Promag for the Para 14. Both of these ordered mags hold 14 rounds. They both lock into the gun, and fall free without issue. I have yet to go to the range to test the reliability of these non-factory mags. I'd expect the Mec-Gar to work without any problem. If it does, it'd be nice to have a pistol in .45 ACP that can hold 14+1 rounds that costs relatively little. I love the feel of the grip. It is very comfortable for a .45 ACP pistol.

Does anyone know how common these 1st gen PT 24/7 pistols are, particularly the ones that have a DAO trigger.

Pics:

You can see how the Para 14 mag sticks out a little from the bottom of the grip.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
I bought this gun not too long ago. It does not have a "Pro" or any other marker on the slide other than the PT 24/7. I got it with one factory 12-round mag. I ordered a Mec-Gar mag for the Para 14, and a Promag for the Para 14. Both of these ordered mags hold 14 rounds. They both lock into the gun, and fall free without issue. I have yet to go to the range to test the reliability of these non-factory mags. I'd expect the Mec-Gar to work without any problem. If it does, it'd be nice to have a pistol in .45 ACP that can hold 14+1 rounds that costs relatively little. I love the feel of the grip. It is very comfortable for a .45 ACP pistol.

Does anyone know how common these 1st gen PT 24/7 pistols are, particularly the ones that have a DAO trigger.

Pics:

You can see how the Para 14 mag sticks out a little from the bottom of the grip.
ALL PT24/7 were double action only!
from memory here is the generational changes.
24/7--double action only.
24/7 pro- double action/ single action
24/7 Pro D/S- double action--single action --with a de-cocker.
there were litterly hundreds of thousands made I would bet!
BUT-- over the years many have bit the dust and also this was a recall item and so most that survived were returned to Taurus and replaced with G2 I think it was.
you might want to review the recall notice and decide if you wish to keep /use/ have this weapon.
hope this helps and is correct a far as I can say!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That is what I am Talking about Love the gen 1`s If ya find ya self not so enthralled as I am with them hit me with an IM we can talk. heheheheheheheeheheh

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Congratulations on your new-to-you first gen 24/7 .45 and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

With the passing of time, the 24/7's are becoming more rare. I have the 24/7 OSS .45 and it's been a very good .45 Pistol.
Also, a 9mm 24/7 Pro is in my carry rotation.

Reactions: loudviking
1 - 5 of 5 Posts