Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the warning label inside my PT 22 PLY box warning against the use of "high velocity" 22 LR ammo. Not sure what number constitutes high velocity. I have a bunch of CCI Mini Mags @ 1235 fps, CCI Standard Velocity @ 1070 fps, Remington Golden Bullet @ 1280 fps and Remington Thunderbolt @ 1255 fps. Which(if any) are considered high velocity? Any ideas? Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
All of those are high velocity except for the CCI standard velocity.

·
32,696 Posts
Within the last few weeks I have bought two PLY-22s and looked again at the box. It reads that the gun is made for "standard velocity and high velocity" ammo. It goes on to say NO Hypervelocity ammo.

Thus the Remington ammo and the CCI ammo is just fine. Hyper rounds are like the CCI Stinger and others like it are not. In other words the ammo you have will work just fine.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I asked Taurus about this a long time ago in regards to the older alloy version and the new poly, Qwiks Draw above, is right on target (pun intended). I also plan to buy one of the newer Polys as some point.. I really would like one that has a stainless steel slide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts