Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PT145 has been running great.
After a cleaning from a range visit, the striker won't reset.
It sits inside the back part of the barrel but won't retreat back in after the trigger is pulled for DA. The SA works fine: just rack the slide and the pin comes out.
I have a .45 laser for it that sits inside the barrel for dryfire practice. When the striker hits the laser stays on instead of turning off BECAUSE the striker is not going back in.
Hope this is enough info. It still fires in SA mode and DA is only helpful for shots that don't ignite the first time. But lets get this striker to go back in. As I pull the trigger back I can feel the peices make contact but not enough to pull the striker back in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would get your instruction book back out and tear it down again and look real close and make sure you have everything thing in the right place. I've shot several hundred rounds through mine. Have taken it apart, cleaned and oiled it and have had no problems with it. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,106 Posts
Sounds good. Please post a follow up comment for us here on the boards for our edification and education.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Are you saying the tip of the striker protrudes through the breech and doesn't retract when you dry fire it? If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about it - a lot of them (mine included) will do that. If it's doing it with a snap cap, that's a bit more cause for concern. In actual firing either it will bounce off the primer, or the shock of recoil or the SA sear catching the striker hook should pull it back. But it's never a bad idea to take a look at the parts if you think something is amiss. If you've never removed the striker and spring assembly, it needs to be done every once in a while anyway for a thorough cleaning. Might just be gummed up and sticking a bit. It's not too tough to do...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts