Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Mil PT140 PRO, I am struggling to disassemble.
1. Pulled and locked the slide back
2. Turned and removed the Slide disassembly latch
3. Release the slide catch while pulling the trigger (and pulling the trigger after the slide has come to rest)

The slide will not disengage at this point, feels as if the slide is still locked in place (Even though the slide disassembly catch is sitting several inches from the weapon.

Do I need to do anything in addition or am I missing something?
Any thoughts or help?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Gun empty, slide locked back, magazine removed, safety off. Turn the disassembly latch to the down position. Let the slide go forward slightly then lock it back again. This will assist in removing the take down pin. Point the muzzle to the floor and let the slide go forward to the closed postion. Now pull the trigger and push the slide forward. By doing this the sear will now clear the striker pin. The slide should now come off the gun.
If this doesn't work, don't force anything. Take it to your dealer/gun shop/ gunsmith and have it looked at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jkwas, same result, will take it to a gunsmith this week, appreciate the fast response though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Smokewagon, tried it too. Feels like something is still locked once the disassembly catch is removed, pulling the trigger doesnt give any additional movement to the slide.

·
Registered
896 Posts
REMOVE MAG if you havent already. The lock back slide. Then remove take down pin. Then hold slide while you release the slide THEN pull trigger when it looks like the slide is back in normal place THEN LET GO of trigger and Pull.

My PT145 pro is hard to disassemble as well but I noticed this helps

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Administrator
35,729 Posts
Sometimes you have to pull the trigger, pull on the slide, then pull the trigger again, then completely let go of the trigger. I've had to 'work' it before to get the slide off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally broke down and sent it back to Taurus. Took exactly one week and was back in my hands... Problem Found: MISFEED Slide does not move freely, Resolution: Adjusted.

Not sure what that really means, but it does come off exactly how it says in the manual now!

Thanks for the advice all!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Good to hear CS took care of you in a timely manner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts