Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I got my Taurus millenium pro PT140 back from Taurus. They replaced the front sight and recrowned the barrel. So now I go to buy a new magazine for it. I have two factory mags that came with the pistol when I purchased it but I wanted at least one more. Man those things are expensive! Anyway I ordered one for thirty some bucks. I get and it's brand new in the Taurus factory packaging. Great except that it will not work. That is I can't even get it to lock into the gun. It fits into the mag well just fine but it will not lock in. I've compared it to my other mags and it looks almost the same except that the slot on the right hand side is a little larger than my originals. My question is what is the difference between a Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro and a Taurus PT140 or Pro series? Are there any differences in the magazines? Could this, in other words, be the problem? Thirty three bucks and change is too much to pay for a paper weight if you know what I'm saying.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Additionally I checked my magazines after reading some other posts. My original mags are marked PT140 cal .40 MADE IN BRAZIL. The new mag is marked CAL .40 MADE IN BRAZIL. Don't know if this means anything or not. I also put a measuring tape on the two mags and from the top to the slot on the side of the mag. The new one is about 1/4" lower than on the original. I'm sure this is the problem I just don't know why for sure.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Pro mags will not work on non-Pro models. If you have a Mil Pro the mag will have the word PRO on it.

Reactions: ymracing

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
As an after thought, the Millennium G2 uses the same mag as MilPro G1 and again, it will have the word PRO on it

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a PT140pro that I just bought a extra magazine for. It is marked .40 cal Made in Brazil like yours and has a black follower. The original mags are marked.40 cal Pt140pro Made In Brazil and have a orange follower. It fits my gun fine and cycles by hand, drops free empty as it should. The slots are the same as my original mags. I haven't tried shooting it yet as the weather is bad. My gun has over 1000rnds through it so it's broke in well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I tried out the extra mag today, the one marked .40 cal Brazil. Using Wolf steel case ammo. Shot 2 1/2 mags through it. On the first mag the last round stove piped and the 2nd mag, the second round didn't feed. Don't know if brass cased would feed better or not with this mag. I'll have to try some at a latter date. I've never had a FTF before, using the mags that came with the gun, they are marked PT140pro Brazil. The new mag locks in OK and drop free empty, but I don't think I'll use it for anything other than target shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.